Apologies.... M6(S) Friday

speedyguy:

Bud143:
Stop moaning you should have half pulled onto the grass verge and got on with it.payback for holding us up springs to mind

So some/another halfwit trucker unneccesarily loses his strap again :unamused: & you blame caravan boy :grimacing:

What did i blame him for?,not leaving a safe gap and being able to see it? Well yeah i suppose i would for that but i havent for anything else or cant you read.If he hasnt got the sense to get on a get it done and get going its his own fault and shouldnt moan.As for straps well it happens.

speedyguy:

extrucker:
Waynedl, that level of service is unacceptable and you should raise a complaint. You did all the right things just to be let down. If this was my area, I would not be happy, especially if NO crew stopped with you. It is possible that the rolling block crew had another immediate incident to go to, but for a patrol to drive past and not stop is not good enough. If you prefer, PM me on here and I will ask a mate in that area to look into it.

Errm, if patrols 'know about it & recovery is arranged, I.e Rac, there is no need for them too stop, remember the H/S is ā€˜a place of safetyā€™ :unamused: :laughing:, just people keep driving all over it :frowning:.

No recovery was arranged at the time, since I had the tools and the spare, I thought itā€™d be easier to just have a bit of protection, flashing light + I had to notify them anyway of the debris.

They suggested me changing it with cover, not me, I agreed as it was - I thought - easier than getting the RAC out on a bank holiday weekend, since theyā€™d have to come down anyway for the debris.

speedyguy:
Op just had to pick up phone again & ask for someone to watch his back if anyone available as sometimes things get overlooked, even though they shouldnā€™t. Highway code rule 75 donā€™t attempt simple repairs, get your 'recovery agentā€™out, remember the vocal lobby group who insisted the hatoā€™s under TMA2004, do not do recovery only cway clearance,

Anyway

Like I said, 1st TO was there within minutes, hats off to them - even though they missed some considerable debris which I collected when safe.

Then I thought theyā€™d either gone off to sort another emergency - Iā€™m safe(ish) at the side with just a flat - or theyā€™d done their bit and it was someone else to do the covering.

When the 2nd went past, Iā€™d been there far too long, so just got the RAC out to do it, I pay for that privelige, but didnā€™t seem fair someone else risking their life either, I offered to do it when he arrived but he just got on with it.

Guinness Man:
0300 123 5000 is the Highways Agency Information Line give them a ring with the time you made the call and a brief description and if you know the ERT number that may be useful and complain. Someone has made a mistake or worse didnā€™t care you should get an answer.

Thanks for that, but itā€™s days ago now, just seemed a bit ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  and was nice to let people who may have been delayed know what the cause was.

This was as much an explanation of why people may have been stuck in a rolling road block and short stoppage as a rant about the ever useless Highways Agency hoping our own Womble would see it :smiling_imp:

Bud143:

speedyguy:

Bud143:
Stop moaning you should have half pulled onto the grass verge and got on with it.payback for holding us up springs to mind

So some/another halfwit trucker unneccesarily loses his strap again :unamused: & you blame caravan boy :grimacing:

What did i blame him for?,not leaving a safe gap and being able to see it? Well yeah i suppose i would for that but i havent for anything else or cant you read.If he hasnt got the sense to get on a get it done and get going its his own fault and shouldnt moan.As for straps well it happens.

A safe gap? Iā€™m doing 60mph with a caravan on the back, what you want me to do, swerve to avoid it? Nutter :unamused:

Most truck drivers (including myself) get annoyed with caravan people for driving so bloody slow causing trucks to have to pass them, I just get on with it, carā€™s capable of pulling at 60mph anywhere, so it does where legal and safe. That way I donā€™t hold up truckers.

And, as Iā€™ve explained, thereā€™s no way I was going onto the offside of my caravan and changing a tyre when youā€™d probably come down the road and go ā€œlook at that, a caravan on a jack, letā€™s see if I can get close enough to shake it offā€¦ā€ or some such crap, because you sound like that sort of idiot.

As far as I know, itā€™s ill advised to do any repairs on a motorway and illegal to change an offside tyre, if not illegal (Iā€™m not always right) then certainly bloody stupid.

Not safe enough to change with the mway closed for 5 mins, or even not safe enough for you to change it? but ok for RAC to do it :unamused:

Iā€™d of thought the closure was for you to change it?

Either way at least you were able to eventually get on and arrive where ever you were going. :slight_smile:

Leave a safe gap between you and the vehicle in front and you will have time to move around it ie change lane or make sure it goes under the middle of the car but that could be a lack of common sense there on your behalf.As for getting close dont tar me with those that do you dont know me.I may find caravans a pain but doesnt mean i would endanger someone.

briscoe05:
Not safe enough to change with the mway closed for 5 mins, or even not safe enough for you to change it? but ok for RAC to do it :unamused:

As I said, I offered to do it, but he did it

briscoe05:
Iā€™d of thought the closure was for you to change it?

Nope, that was whilst the highways guy got out of his 4x4 to pick the debris up from the motorway carriageway

briscoe05:
Either way at least you were able to eventually get on and arrive where ever you were going. :slight_smile:

Carfest :grimacing: Yep, and it was awesome