aosta autoporto

Can anyone tell me if there are showers there and if so where. Many thanks in advance

Aosta Autoporto Website.
I don’t know, it used to and looking at what’s there now I’d be very surprised if there wasn’t.

If you have some time off try the cable car up the mountain,walk in to the bus parking area and you will see the cable cars,the old Roman remains in the old part of town are worth a walk from the Autoport.
The other end of the town is the leisure centre with an open air pool and indoor pool.Nice walk along the river.You can park a truck near the pool area with no problems.
The drivers menu at the Autoport is dire, it was cold food, and staff that do not care much if you spend money there or not.No pudding or drinks in the price but that may have changed by now.
If you get to Brescia Est, that is the best truck stop in europe, hotel discount for drivers, air con in the rooms, car hire, for touring the Lakes,gym there too, to work off all that pizza and pasta.
The showers are behind the bar area, big super market on the complex, the police patrol it 24 hours.

there are showers in the agip garage on the way in, not advised to park there overnight there are a lot of thefts and hijackings from there…best to park before the blanc at the as24 where you go thru the checks beforehand or if you can get to brescia…if you can get even further towards milan get yourself into the truckstop at carisio, thats on the westbound side and youll always have a decent night there with plenty of english lads kicking about. i only stop at aosta to look thru the booze shop (70 euros for a three foot tall bottle of vodka!) and to get some decent coffee and some cheap ciggies…
watch out for transvestites knocking on your cab door at aosta also, unless thats your thing!

Stay well clear of the Autoporto, plenty of break ins including one of my own earlier this year. The Carrefour supermarket at the back is useful though for supplies.

How times have changed before was a simple yes just wait until the French drivers have finished so now you have to take care so they say