Anyone worked or is still working for reed bordall?

Well if they think they can pull one over on me, na na If it is all lies then I’ll just move on. Simples

stevieboy308:

wolves:

stevieboy308:

wolves:

stevieboy308:
I’d have to be pretty desperate or they’d have to be paying very good money before I’d work anywhere where you have to pay for damage.

At best as a newbie I’d use them for experience then get out of there sharpish.

Don’t worry about any damage as your only using them for experience…oh wait. Brilliant idea!

OP is new so prob not best place to work for.

I’m a [zb]!

[zb]!

See, I told ya…

Took ya 3 days to notice eh not the smartest cookie

Jasonsix , you’ve gone quiet , how have you got on.
RB are well documented on here , but you could try .
Many alternative firms to try in the area ;
WS. Transportation , they seem to work out of Dalton , atrtics 8W hiabs , powder tankers.
Ripon Select Foods , rusk and crumb coating to the food industry.
J Blakey haulage Ripon , arctics , steel , plant , concrete prods.
K A Anderson Ripon , scrap on arctics , skip wagons and 8W hook lift.
All easy for your area worth a try , ask me about any hauliers in HG and I try and help , I’ll have an opinion if nothing else !!
Good luck ,
Jim

wolves:
Took ya 3 days to notice eh not the smartest cookie

Great comeback, no seriously

JFC999:
Jasonsix , you’ve gone quiet , how have you got on.
RB are well documented on here , but you could try .
Many alternative firms to try in the area ;
WS. Transportation , they seem to work out of Dalton , atrtics 8W hiabs , powder tankers.
Ripon Select Foods , rusk and crumb coating to the food industry.
J Blakey haulage Ripon , arctics , steel , plant , concrete prods.
K A Anderson Ripon , scrap on arctics , skip wagons and 8W hook lift.
All easy for your area worth a try , ask me about any hauliers in HG and I try and help , I’ll have an opinion if nothing else !!
Good luck ,
Jim

Im still here lol.
I’ve got an assessment drive with Reed bordall tomorrow. He wanted me to start Monday if the assessment goes to plan. Ive had an assessment drive already with Hymas. That went great. Have an interview with them on Monday. So everything is going nicely so far. Paynes dairies want to give me an assessment drive too. But im not keen on the midnight start with that one

I wouldn’t worry about the assessment at any of the companies you have mentioned, they are all so desperate for drivers as long as you have a pulse and a licence you are taken on ASAP lol. That’s probably why the pay is so poor at these sorts of companies though. Shelf stacking rates I call them.

Mickey mouse:
I wouldn’t worry about the assessment at any of the companies you have mentioned, they are all so desperate for drivers as long as you have a pulse and a licence you are taken on ASAP lol. That’s probably why the pay is so poor at these sorts of companies though. Shelf stacking rates I call them.

I didnt think reed bordall’s pay was too bad compared to what ive seen out there. £10.48ph mon-fri
£12.00 ish ph sat
£14.25 ish ph on sundays.

I thought this was ok for a newby anyway.

What kind of pay are you guys on And what kind of work are you doing?

Those rates are better than what the majority of firms up here pay. If it was me I’d go to Hymas bulk work is enjoyable and it’ll keep you away from distribution centers and their holding cells.

Jasesonix:

Mickey mouse:

I didnt think reed bordall’s pay was too bad compared to what ive seen out there. £10.48ph mon-fri
£12.00 ish ph sat

Go out and do what suits you mate. You’re doing pretty well for a new fella, by the sound of it. At the stage you’re currently at, it’s all about getting experience and getting yourself familiar with procedures, how the industry works and honing your “eye” for the actual business of driving. Don’t put too much store in what you read here, the waiting room ex-SAS men have internet access too, y’know :smiley:

You’re the one who will be doing the job, so if you’re lucky enough to be offered a choice of them, go with your gut feeling. Safe travels! :slight_smile:

Drempels:

Jasesonix:

Mickey mouse:

£12.00 ish ph sat

Go out and do what suits you mate. You’re doing pretty well for a new fella, by the sound of it. At the stage you’re currently at, it’s all about getting experience and getting yourself familiar with procedures, how the industry works and honing your “eye” for the actual business of driving. Don’t put too much store in what you read here, the waiting room ex-SAS men have internet access too, y’know :smiley:

You’re the one who will be doing the job, so if you’re lucky enough to be offered a choice of them, go with your gut feeling. Safe travels! :slight_smile:

Cheers guys. I’ll keep y’all posted on what happens and what decision I make.

Ey up, I don’t often post on here but just wanted to say good luck to Jasesonix on his assessment drive today…do let us know how you went on with it.

Picklehoffer:
Ey up, I don’t often post on here but just wanted to say good luck to Jasesonix on his assessment drive today…do let us know how you went on with it.

Thank you buddy. I’ll keep you all posted… :smiley:

alliance:
Here’s an idea…stop having accidents.

If you have to turn a job down because of that clause well your obviously prone too having knocks.

So no mention of that clause being an absolute ■■■■ take then, where drivers are expected to subsidise unplanned running costs eh? :unamused:
The more trucks you have and the more different drivers you have, …the more accidents occur, fact, always has been that way, always will be.
So all or at least part, unplanned and potential costs including insurance excesses should be factored into rates as an estimate, and not put on to the driver. :bulb:

You know what bud, no offence, but It’s attitudes like yours, (that come across as accepting and seeing nothing wrong with these type of draconian measures) which are resonsible for them becoming more and more prevalent, each and every time groups of drivers readily accepting them.

I am experiencing a similar situation myself at our outfit, and the attitudes of some drivers astound me.
One star said…‘‘I’ll agree to it , but just tell them to take a quid a week out of my wages, that’ll show em’’ :open_mouth::laughing:

Do the maths 500 quid a quid a week for nearly 10 yrs :open_mouth: …yeh, they’ll agree to that no probs. :unamused:

And this is what you are up against with drivers. :unamused:

Good luck to the o/p, but as somebody else said, give Stobbies a bell instead, there is no way in hell it is acceptable to pay for damage at work…end of.

Had this pay for accident crap back in the mid 80s,kept out of the yrd as long as I could (small company)…got caught one Friday .I said I would think about it ,aye shinning bright, kept away for as long as I could .sign here ,nope bye bye. .strange thing was most o the minor accidents mirrors,tailight or on one case for me .ker on ferry, line next to me took my mirror arm off I still had my chains on!! was caused by our drivers being so tired "sleeping at traffic lights"and totally burned out leading to stupid descisions being made.

robroy:

alliance:
Here’s an idea…stop having accidents.

If you have to turn a job down because of that clause well your obviously prone too having knocks.

So no mention of that clause being an absolute ■■■■ take then, where drivers are expected to subsidise unplanned running costs eh? :unamused:
The more trucks you have and the more different drivers you have, …the more accidents occur, fact, always has been that way, always will be.
So all or at least part, unplanned and potential costs including insurance excesses should be factored into rates as an estimate, and not put on to the driver. :bulb:

You know what bud, no offence, but It’s attitudes like yours, (that come across as accepting and seeing nothing wrong with these type of draconian measures) which are resonsible for them becoming more and more prevalent, each and every time groups of drivers readily accepting them.

I am experiencing a similar situation myself at our outfit, and the attitudes of some drivers astound me.
One star said…‘‘I’ll agree to it , but just tell them to take a quid a week out of my wages, that’ll show em’’ :open_mouth::laughing:

Do the maths 500 quid a quid a week for nearly 10 yrs :open_mouth: …yeh, they’ll agree to that no probs. :unamused:

And this is what you are up against with drivers. :unamused:

Good luck to the o/p, but as somebody else said, give Stobbies a bell instead, there is no way in hell it is acceptable to pay for damage at work…end of.

+1

Who remembers the real proper cowboy hauliers? Their trucks were old nails, cash in hand, just get on with it, cherry red, here’s a spanner to bleed an engine with, change your own wheels…

The cowboys that are all but out of business now gave new drivers a start. The cowboys are yesterday’s equivalent of today’s new driver paying for damage all singing and dancing transport company.

Regarding the driver shortage – I’d say it’s currently up from 5 ft 7ins to 5ft 8ins but there’s hope on the horizon because the Welsh Guards have done away with their band and four 6 footers have chosen to take their LGV licence instead of a career in social work.

Well guys and gals, heres an update on the Reed Bordall situation.
I’m a bit disconcerted actually. The assessment was a pass, he said see you Monday. But he left me feeling pretty awful. He was so rude and of no help whatsoever. I asked if he knew I was a newly passed driver and he said, "It doesn’t matter, if you can’t reverse then you’re wasting my time. When I was asking questions it was a case of “why are you asking me, you should know These things” He really made me feel like an incompetent.

I know he’s Polish, and sometimes these Europeans can be quite brash and blunt, I’ve worked with Polish people before and they’ve been great to work with. Maybe I’ve gotten soft these past few years working with just women lol.

Anyway Hopefully I’ll talk to the transport manager today to confirm I have job offer and to get some reassurances that this isn’t the general way that the company is and that I’ll get all the help and training I need.

Nest this morning is a Interview with Hymas, where my assessment drive went well :smiley:

Jasesonix:
I’m a bit disconcerted actually. The assessment was a pass, he said see you Monday. But he left me feeling pretty awful. He was so rude and of no help whatsoever. I asked if he knew I was a newly passed driver and he said, "It doesn’t matter, if you can’t reverse then you’re wasting my time. When I was asking questions it was a case of “why are you asking me, you should know These things” He really made me feel like an incompetent.

I know he’s Polish, and sometimes these Europeans can be quite brash and blunt, I’ve worked with Polish people before and they’ve been great to work with. Maybe I’ve gotten soft these past few years working with just women lol.

Anyway Hopefully I’ll talk to the transport manager today to confirm I have job offer and to get some reassurances that this isn’t the general way that the company is and that I’ll get all the help and training I need.

Nest this morning is a Interview with Hymas, where my assessment drive went well :smiley:

Personally I would put more stock in your experience with the trainer than anything the transport manager has to say…

Jasesonix:

Sounds a real charmer, maybe he just had that Monday morning feeling, who knows, but I can see how he did not help your situation.
I’ve only done asessments years ago with my own stuff, and I always tried to make the driver feel welcome to put him at ease and calm his nerves.
Maybe it’s an indication of the mood of the workforce working for a crap firm…there’s a lot of miserable gits at my place, maybe for the same reason. :smiley:

Jasesonix:

Sounds like you could be offered both jobs well I don’t know much about either firm but never hear anything good about reed boadall and the few hymas lads Iv met seem happy fellas with decent kit etc so I would be going to hymas personally…
You will more than likely get your own unit at hymas too