Anyone worked for christian salvesen

anyone worked for christian salvesen class c 2 do you do pallets with tail lift
if multi drop how many drops and tramping and wages any info will be good thanx
im interested in birtley depot near durham

moved, as Driver Vacancies Forum is read only :wink:

My pal is on class 1 out of North east and is desparate to get out. Has mentioned times of having to take the chart out to get back to the yard after drops aroung Birmingham. Also if you work overtime through the week and it is quiet at the back end they finish you early so keeping you under your contracted hours, i.e no overtime. I believe he is on £8 odd per hour with overtime paid at standard rate. He takes home about £300 a week.

Hope this helps.

I did agency for them out of Birtley and found them to be okay, but that was just trunking down to Northampton or Colsterworth

Wagon was ashed but then again that was because I was agency driver so half expected.

Never got any hassle off them and they were happy to let you get on with the job, any problems at Northampton with them keeping you waiting were soon dealt with after a call to office.

Drivers I spoke to seemed to be happy enough :wink:

Got my hours guard Davey. Let you know what I think when I figure it out starting tomorrow!! :sunglasses:

bowserman:
My pal is on class 1 out of North east and is desparate to get out. Has mentioned times of having to take the chart out to get back to the yard after drops aroung Birmingham. Also if you work overtime through the week and it is quiet at the back end they finish you early so keeping you under your contracted hours, i.e no overtime. I believe he is on £8 odd per hour with overtime paid at standard rate. He takes home about £300 a week.

Hope this helps.

He takes his card out to get to the yard?
Sounds like a right muppet. Why does he risk a prison sentence for tacho fraud? he’s better to just run over his hours then show the card to the MD not the transport manager as he’ll loose it so he does’nt get his ear bent.
But if he wants to do it right pull the tooth. :laughing:

Thats up to him, I know I wouldnt do it.

gothika:
anyone worked for christian salvesen class c 2 do you do pallets with tail lift
if multi drop how many drops and tramping and wages any info will be good thanx
im interested in birtley depot near durham

I’m currently on for Salvo’s, or Nor-bear-Don-tress-ong-lair,at the mo on class 1 work. As Bowserman says overtime is hard to achieve as one early finish can wipe out any late ones. However that said the rigid drivers never have nights out and are usually back from a 0600 start by about 1500. I’m on a guaranteed 48 hr week but rarely do that. The work is all pallets,no handball,and all the old tat units are gone now. On £8.70 ph with a regional supplement of around £40. No meal allowance but hey,your’e not out long enough to need one. :wink: