Anyone work or worked for Henderson Wholesale N.Ireland?

As stated above, does or has anyone worked for Henderson Wholesale in N.Ireland? They are currently looking for a class 1 driver and i am considering applying for it. your feedback on the company would be greatly appreciated…

Was there for 6months in 2011,
you’ll knock your pan in round the 400odd Spar/Vivo stores and that’s just trying to get reversed up to delivery doors!!!
Need a University degree to work out weekly wage “bonus” scheme as payslip FOUR pages!!!
Rigid works pays DUNG and takes 5yrs to get the better paid all week decker work!!!

ALWAYS looking for a reason but give it a go!!![emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

as above,they are always looking which should tell you enough…you would need to enjoy reversing into petrol stations mostly unaided ,quite often going in the wrong way as you cant get the ■■■ of the trailer near the delivery door,and self tipping whilst all the cars,and customers are all around you…to me its a pish job,with nothing but greif as a bum on a seat for 400 a week…and as mentioned i think im correct in thinking theres a bit of a clique…cleek??..amongst some of the old in with the bricks brigade.if you do it and dont like it,i wouldnt think there the kind of place to miss you.even though the majority of jobs over here are crap dosh,then theres better than spar deliveries.

hughes in portadown are looking (again) but you wouldnt want that,and barron are looking from antrim,10 ph ( to be discussed) airfreight work 2 or 3 nights out.

heres one from the jobcentre in mallusk…finglas and back,i know nothing about it but its 420 a week,and cant be as bad as hendersons…
JT Transport International Ltd

Business: HAULAGE

Address: 1M McKinney Road

Mallusk

Postcode: BT36 4PE

Telephone: 02890 842982
Please contact Employer by telephone 07740514339 - Sean or 07515887668 Sharon, to arrange Interview.

Thanks for the replys guys, I passed my class 1 in march and haven’t had much luck with finding any employer outside of agencies who are willing to take on new drivers with little experience. This may be a good thing for me, i.e. Get threw into the deep end and learn the hard way.

In my short time there my take home wages had the range £280 to £480 for 5shifts Sun afternoon til Thur.
(Guess which was rigid all week V’s Decker runs all week??!!!)

Some of the “clique”
(good lads though)
have moved onto DFDS (Sainsburys contract) after 10/25yrs@ Henderson Wholesale so that should serve as an “enlightener”!!![emoji52]

If it’s a quiet week with no “promotions” in stores there will be no 2nd loads and therefore sent home@ 10am/11am and bonus up the swanny.
Unless you wanna opt to stay on and load deckers for the nightshift with warehouse bods!! !!![emoji28]

Tucker9037:
Thanks for the replys guys, I passed my class 1 in march and haven’t had much luck with finding any employer outside of agencies who are willing to take on new drivers with little experience. This may be a good thing for me, i.e. Get threw into the deep end and learn the hard way.

Can you do nightouts??

ALL the fridge boys will give you a start would have thought for mainland trips??

BTW,
I wouldn’t be going anywhere near Henderson Wholesale as a new start as DD999 says above reversing around petrol pumps of a BUSY forecourt blindside with an artic ain’t for newbies!!![emoji52]

So wages are not the same each week for a 39 hour week?
Yeah I can do nights out no problem

Big Truck:
BTW,
I wouldn’t be going anywhere near Henderson Wholesale as a new start as DD999 says above reversing around petrol pumps of a BUSY forecourt blindside with an artic ain’t for newbies!!![emoji52]

Sounds like Irish P&H

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

if your wanting experience you could always try Manfreight (or any of the other usual suspects Sawers , Mcburney ,Morgan McClernon etc etc ) . £200 a trip , but at least your not blindsiding round petrol pumps . 2 trips one week and 3 the next for the same (or nearabouts ) and you wont be taillifting cages .
And just because I’ve named the companies above does not mean I recommend them . I’m afraid you have to go and try them to see if you like it , if you do fine , if not be prepared to move on until you do find something that suits you .

and be prepared to do a bit of moving on…there mostly averaging the similar wages so itl be just who you blend in with thatl be the difference.and if you dont want to be running bent,itl be 1 advisable not to be doing fridgework for a subbie.or working for a subbie unless your a quick learner with a bit of gumption…id have a peek at the airfreight dude in antrim.might not be so bad…and a finglas trunk every day for the other mob is a doddle for £420…compared to the uk and return pish money trips where you will be on 1st name terms with every vosa cabbage this side of watford within a few months. :smiley:

Tucker9037:
So wages are not the same each week for a 39 hour week?
Yeah I can do nights out no problem

No DEFO not unless it’s changed from 5yrs ago which I doubt.
They will want you to work 6days/5days anyway and forget all about working a 39hr week!!![emoji6]

We’re looking drivers@ Sawyers and a pay rise is imminent at approx £600+home week for 5shifts on the trips to mainland and back.
(Think that puts us at the upper end of NI wages for the “big boys”,
driver shortage beginning to bite!!![emoji41])

Easy work/good plant and 100% legal,
you just gotta be “fit” to run with the boats as right bitta fridge nightshift work.[emoji6]

Think also McCulla are looking drivers for Lidl store deliveries outta Lisburn.
Think £105home per shift plus possible £10day fuel bonus on mostly nightshift work.

blue estate:

Big Truck:
BTW,

Sounds like Irish P&H

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We got P&H too!![emoji6]

Surely this is a mistake?

Tucker9037:

Well it aint £73 / hour , nor have they missed out a 1 so its not £17 an hour either . There may be a lot more than 40 hours though - better ask at the interview to be sure :wink:
No mistakes in that add - horse ■■■ aint it !! :unamused:

beefy4605:

Tucker9037:

Well it aint £73 / hour , nor have they missed out a 1 so its not £17 an hour either . No mistakes in that add - horse ■■■ aint it !! :unamused:

Unbelievable mate, to think someone that works in any fast food outlet earns the same if not more.

beefy4605:

Tucker9037:

Well it aint £73 / hour , nor have they missed out a 1 so its not £17 an hour either . There may be a lot more than 40 hours though - better ask at the interview to be sure :wink:
No mistakes in that add - horse ■■■ aint it !! :unamused:

always a good laugh looking at jobcentreonline n.i.
wages…to be discussed…
hours.to be discussed…
any other info…witheld.
ireland and uk work…DANGER…

jobcentreonline.com/JCOLFro … me=Drivers

THATS THE CREAM OF THE CROP FOR THIS WEEKS OFFERINGS.