Anyone work for visbeen?

Does anyone work for visbeen? Been told you go through an agency called optimum in milton keynes? Is this the case? Are there any other dutch firms outside of the uk that take on english drivers?

Post Kogeko

there’s no jobs there at the moment.

Saaamon:
Are there any other dutch firms outside of the uk that take on english drivers?

VDB :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’m not sure if this helps, but “Visbeen” is Dutch for “Fish leg” :smiley:

Harry Monk wrote:Rather bizarrely, “Visbeen” is Flemish for “fish leg”.

So,which is it then,Harry? :smiley: :smiley:

Its the wrong time of year for Visbeen to be taking on,the Dutch season will kick off again around March.
worked for them direct around 10 years ago good firm to work for back then.

If you want to work in NL then I suggest make a list of who you want to drive for, do a bit of research into each and take a week off and go knocking on doors, far better than phoning or e mailing in my humble, esp with the smaller family run outfits. you will of course be aware that Holland is also awash with cheap labour in the transport sector, good look anyway.

Sir +:
Harry Monk wrote:Rather bizarrely, “Visbeen” is Flemish for “fish leg”.

So,which is it then,Harry? :smiley: :smiley:

Both Vis=Fish… Been=Leg…

Visbeen=Fishleg…

short walk:
If you want to work in NL then I suggest make a list of who you want to drive for, do a bit of research into each and take a week off and go knocking on doors, far better than phoning or e mailing in my humble, esp with the smaller family run outfits. you will of course be aware that Holland is also awash with cheap labour in the transport sector, good look anyway.

Thank you for that.

Harry Monk:
I’m not sure if this helps, but “Visbeen” is Dutch for “Fish leg” :smiley:

Thank you, maybe i could bring that up if i ever had an interview with them. :laughing: :laughing:

The Dutch never used to have surnames, but when Napoleon’s army was occupying the Netherlands, he issued a decree forcing them to have one, so the Dutch, assuming this would be temporary, chose silly names as a bit of a practical joke. However, when Napoleon had gone, they decided that they liked surnames after all and kept them.

Other silly Dutch surnames…

Zonderkop (without a head)

Kaasenbrood (Cheese and bread)

Zeldenthuis (Rarely at home)

Van den Berg (From the mountain) … In Holland? :stuck_out_tongue:

Paardebek (Horses mouth)

Spring in 't Veld (Jump in the Field)

I love Holland, Dutch people are the coolest people in the whole of Europe.

Harry Monk:
The Dutch never used to have surnames, but when Napoleon’s army was occupying the Netherlands, he issued a decree forcing them to have one, so the Dutch, assuming this would be temporary, chose silly names as a bit of a practical joke. However, when Napoleon had gone, they decided that they liked surnames after all and kept them.

Paardebek (Horses mouth)

Think the Dutch are quality as well been twice in 2 years .I want to go and work there as well .Got my artic but no experience so stuggle with LHD .I’ve contacted a comany though who would give me refresher driver training so hopefully next year . TS try Eures as well for jobs .
rijschoolproficiat.nl/

Harry Monk:

Paardebek (Horses mouth)

I love Holland, Dutch people are the coolest people in the whole of Europe.

Do you like the Flemish then Harry ■■

We were once Dutch…Now were Belgian… :smiley: :smiley: