Anyone using a Garmin Dezl 770 LMT-D?

Just about to pull the trigger.

I can’t find anywhere the differences between this and the older 760 :confused:

SuperMultiBlue:
Just about to pull the trigger.

I can’t find anywhere the differences between this and the older 760 :confused:

I had a 560 which I upgraded to a 770 as soon as it came out. New style touch screen (capacitive, similar to mobile phones, so it’s easier to press, but harder if you’re wearing gloves), slightly revised map appearance with a bit more information. I found the 560 had an awful lot of bugs which the 770 doesn’t. If you’re having lots of problems with bugs on your 760 it might be worth upgrading. It doesn’t yet take the new speed limits into account.

I have the 570 LMT-D, which I assume is the same but smaller screen.

Much better than the 5150 that I replaced it with, shame they still have the old speed limits showing, but at least I can pinpoint positions on a map and navigate to that.

Couldn’t manage to do that on the TomTom.

It’s a Yes from me, but can’t compare it to the older versions of Garmin unfortunately.

Cheers for replies

I specifically want something to keep me clear of low bridges. Paranoid about them. And weak bridges.

I’m looking into the Garmin SatNav’s specifically the 770 LMT-D.
What makes this more appealing to me is the lifetime map upgrades & traffic compared to just lifetime map upgrades and just 1yr of traffic on the TomTom trucker 6000 then £50 a year thereafter.

As its been over 6 months since these last comments, could you let me know your latest thoughts on the product?

Thanks

Sra1:
What makes this more appealing to me is the lifetime map upgrades & traffic compared to just lifetime map upgrades and just 1yr of traffic on the TomTom trucker 6000 then £50 a year thereafter.

As its been over 6 months since these last comments, could you let me know your latest thoughts on the product?

Thanks

I have the 770 it was buggy at first then a update came out a few months ago now which has sorted it out and the speed is also fixed I love it it takes a bit of getting used to as I always used tom Tom the trafick is good I wouldent be with out it hope this helps

webstar:

Sra1:

Thanks

I have the 770 it was buggy at first then a update came out a few months ago now which has sorted it out and the speed is also fixed I love it it takes a bit of getting used to as I always used tom Tom the trafick is good I wouldent be with out it hope this helps

On their site Garmin traffic mentions delays and hold ups, does it actually inform you of road closures?
Mind you saying that the bloody Highways Agency / Traffic England don’t know what the hell they’re doing regarding night time road closures. They’re saying this road is shut and you find it’s not or they tell you nothing about a road only for you to come across a closure so if Garmin rely on these clowns for the info we haven’t got much hope!