Anyone used or bought an Aguri Lorry Sat Nav

Hey all,

Sorry for this question in advance. But I want to know if anyone has ever used or even bought an Aguri Truck Sat Nav recently particularly the TX500 DVR ?

Seen a advert in services saying an Aguri Truck TX500 DVR with HD Cam going for £249.99 and with advert you can get another £50.00 discount. Sounds a little too good to be true!

Wondering if they are good value as they look very similar to a Snooper with different graphics and a smaller screen and finally a cheaper price tag. No TV though shock and horror :laughing:

As I know the words Sat Nav brings out the “screamers” on here.

I don’t need the usual ■■■■■■■■ on here, about just needing a Truck Bridge Height Map and some A-Zs to do your job. Please it gets boring reading that time and time again for my particular circumstances anyway.

Just in case anyone thinks I’m only capable of being a Sat Nav starer… :laughing:

I carry all my Philips County A-Z maps for the areas I work in, got the AA UK Truck Atlas with bridge heights (A2 sized hardback), AA A-Z map of the South East and Philips Navigator UK Truck map with bridge heights, WAZE app for phone and Snooper S2000 Truck Sat Nav that I got off Ebay a while back and is seeing better days now.

And that don’t include sketches on the back of a ■■■ packet or Google Map printouts…or recently in devon a photo document. Showing you how to navigate to a solar farm by farm gates and hedges only with a junction layout, I kid you not!!

And the final arse covering exercise, put on hazards and beacons then using my legs and eyes walking a route while blocking the road to others :smiling_imp: If I really have a bad feeling about a manoeuvre.

As some of you know I work on semi-low loaders and use all of the above in my arsenal to get everywhere I have to go to deliver plant etc.
All have their advantages and disadvantages and usually when used together daily, they create a big enough picture in your mind, to know what obstacles you’ll likely to face before you get there. You’ll know in your head the best plan of attack into a site.

Sat Navs are one of the handest tool in joint first with a county A-Z map to have a good idea of what’s happening in that last 3 miles. Where usually the client who’s been there 6 months on site hasn’t a ■■■■■■■ clue how to get there in reality or can only think in terms of a car!

No good when you check out the route on the sat nav before you move and see you’ve got 2 90 degree bends straight after each other with a narrow, weak bridge thereafter!!!

Thanks in advance if you reply having used one and can elaborate if they’re worth the money…if not it’ll be more savings to go with better the devil you know…Snooper!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

C

Bit of a late reply, but I have the TX500DVR Truck Nav.

I got it very cheap through a friend of a friend… It has never let me down as of yet and I particularly like the sharp bend warnings and speed camera alerts… the DVR part of it is not as good as a stand alone dash cam but its certainly good enough to prove blame! Free map & speedtrap updates for life is another plus…

My pal has the newer TX700 DVR which is a 7" Android powered Nav with wifi, internet & Playstore access, you can also tether it to your mobiles 3 or 4g network to get live traffic and so on…

I like them…

Check out my post on this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=132864

bestbooties:
Check out my post on this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=132864

Yeah just checked with my mate and his is still showing the old 40 & 50 limits as well :frowning: Shame as the 700 looks and functions like a real nice piece of kit. Hopefully an update will be forthcoming…

There’s one or two anomalies come to light over this last week.
The dash cam function, while being for the most part very good, when replaying back the recording, the map at the side showing your position is good, as is the grid ref, and time, pity the speed shown bears no resemblance to the speed you are actually travelling at, it shows about half the speed.
When using the sat nav on a local stretch of road, (A500 dual carriageway), when set for my car it shows a national speed limit of 70mph until the 50 limit comes in at Etruria, OK, but when configured for truck, it shows 60mph OK until on reaching Etruria it shows a 40mph limit. (As well as the previously mentioned speed limit of 40mph on single carriageway A roads).
Checking in the “Settings”, there are no new updates due for the mapping or the software.
Just an additional point which I have found on this sat nav and the sat nav on my mobile, both use the Here Maps for Life system, every Monday morning I have to load out of Traidcraft at Team Valley, and when driving along Kingsway North, (40 mph zone),just after the roundabout the sat nav shows a 20mph limit for about 50 yards, then back to 40 even though ALL the signs show 40".

I appreciate this is a late reply
I bought the 700 version, as folks say, it had the old speed limits, I messaged Aguri, they produced an update, which everyone can download on their sat nav , the update has the correct speeds, nice bit of kit…I like it…

Mine updated itself automatically.
The only problem I have now is, when I play back the recording, the grid ref and time are OK but the speed shown is only half of what I know I was doing.
Apart from that, well pleased.