Anyone used Boto Tyres?

Hi, I’m not trucking at the moment, I’m stuck with coaches for the time being.

A friend and I are starting to plan ahead for winter work doing ski trips to The Alps. One of the requirement we have is we need decent Mud & Snow tyres.

I’ve been having a look around and I’ve found these on Ebay 315/80R22.5 DRIVE AXLE TYRES – NEW PREMIUM TYRES – NOT RETREADS Item number 330929336336

I’ve never bought Chinese tyres before, and ideas what the quality is going to be like? The price seems too good to be true but even if they only do one winter season before they wear out they are still cheap.

Any sensible advice and comments gratefully received.

Well, fair play for asking on here but I doubt any one else will have heard of them & ask yourself if you want them letting you down up the Alps? :slight_smile:

Silver_Surfer:
Well, fair play for asking on here but I doubt any one else will have heard of them & ask yourself if you want them letting you down up the Alps? :slight_smile:

This sums it up perfectly.

A 500 quid tyre that lasts for 100,000miles costs 0.005ppm.

If that’s too expensive then something is very wrong…

I had a set of boto’s fitted to the rear drive on a fm 480. It took over 3 weeks for them to bed down and stop giving me the feeling the back end was going to step out on every bend. Plus the fact they were replaced after 48k completely worn out. Never seen a set of tyres where every friday evening you could see how much had worn off them. Thankfully there was never another set about the place.

A couple of coach owner drivers that I know have used them, one liked the steer pattern ones so much that he repalced them with same and the other sold the coach with them on.
Personally I use Bridgestone M788, they are M&S marked and the set that I have on the drive axle of my B10M have been on there for 200,000 kms, they haven’t been recut and still have 10mm of tread left.
I run on them all year round and think that they are ideal for coaches as the tread pattern isn’t too ‘blocky’ and they are quiet.
At the end of the day you get what you pay for. Personally I think it’s better to pay a bit more for one decent set!
As Silver Surfer said do you want them letting you down, the cost of one call out on the way there and…