Anyone use?

Hi all, getting back into the driving seat after a few years out. Technology has moved on since last drove for a living. So I’m just wondering if any of you use any mobile phone apps to help make things easier? I don’t mean BBC I player etc I mean more like tacho apps and that sort of thing?

I have an analogue tacho and use the Truck Timer App, it is worth its weight in gold for keeping track of your hours, I use it with the gps function though you need to keep the pone on charge for that as its a bit power hungry, this function behaves like a digi tacho and records soon as you move.
One you play around and use the functions you just find more and more things it can do.
Costs two or three quid.

Think I’ve had a little look at that. The lite version anyway. Isn’t not the one that resets the timers though as soon as you do something else on your phone?

In no particular order, these are ones i use regularly

google maps
3g watchdog
flashlight
speedcalc free
opera
kingsoft office
podcast republic
mapweasel
twitraffic
yell
convertpad
camscanner
lemmings defense
autoguard
mxplayer

One of the apps I use most for work on my Windows Phone is called Office Eye. Its basically a scanner using the camera, turns paperwork you photograph into a PDF document for emailing. Not so important if you are on day work but I’m away from base for weeks so often have to email them PODs when they ask for them. I also take pics of trailer damage when picking up and email it to the office straightaway. Good thing about smartphone pics is they has gps coordinates as well as date and time so it can be proved where I reported damage (ie before I drove anywhere)

switchlogic:
Windows Phone

So your the one

No I use it too.

But mainly use xbox music built in podcast app mix radio with Cortana reading my text messages out. Or dialing who ever needs to be rung

Modern combat is good too as well as keeping up with email and office. Haven’t had to use office lens yet.

htfc1984:
Think I’ve had a little look at that. The lite version anyway. Isn’t not the one that resets the timers though as soon as you do something else on your phone?

No mate, I keep it on all the time running all sorts.

205:

switchlogic:
Windows Phone

So your the one

Indeed, and if more people weren’t Android/iOS fanboys and gave WP a chance they’d see its a brilliant os.

switchlogic:
One of the apps I use most for work on my Windows Phone is called Office Eye. Its basically a scanner using the camera, turns paperwork you photograph into a PDF document for emailing. Not so important if you are on day work but I’m away from base for weeks so often have to email them PODs when they ask for them. I also take pics of trailer damage when picking up and email it to the office straightaway. Good thing about smartphone pics is they has gps coordinates as well as date and time so it can be proved where I reported damage (ie before I drove anywhere)

Is there an iOS version?

Luke do you have a link for that app ■■

DeliverEye by Renault Trucks is worth its weight in gold…

And it’s FREE

Office lense is in the store just type office or microsoft I wonder if it use the full 41 meg of the camera

There’s lots of document scanning apps on all the app stores. Search Office Eye or just document scanner if it doesn’t show up. Ive also used to it photograph all my documents, passport, licence etc and all the truck documents so at least if something goes missing while on the road you do at least have a copy

Google maps

Simple apps

Too much information ■■■■■■ pmsl