Anyone stuck in france? 22.01.2015

Stuck in this bloody stack on the a26 at km the 12km mark, anybody closer to the port and can say if things are moving at all? I’ve been sitting here for over 3 hours now and not moved an inch! Thank god for my £2/hr waiting time bonus!! Lol

I joined the q about 3 mile before transmarck at 7.00 this morning once we got to hoverport they put you in holding bays p&o is right down the dock near the car terminal they let us in dock about 3 and 1/2 hours ago sitting in dock at moment should be on the 18 40 french time but its late and p&o are a ferry down due to refit

How much to cross by lorry from France to England? And who is more cheap-ferry or train.

How are you getting on now? I’m still sat on the a26 where I was 7 hours ago! Haven’t even started creating yet! Bet the immigrants are having the time of their life tonight…

Ferries are cheaper than the boat, cheapest being my ferry link, then dfds, then p&o.

Go dfds everytime!

Cheaper than the train i mean! Moved now, parked on the bridge above diesel alley, like dangling a carrot infront of a donkey!!

Won’t be no immigrants left in calais then.When they get it all running again.

Update:

Finally in calais port, booked on the 1305 p&o, feel a need to stock up on strongbow on the way home!!

I’ve been in France all week watching this mess unfold. I hope they’ve got it sorted by Saturday morning when I’m coming home

I can see the sea ! At midday we are playing football against the Germans and if we beat them we are away to Jungle Rovers. Got two big machines from Germany on the back for a factory which is due to open in 2016, hope their not waiting !

It ain’t goin to get better over weekend as they have a overnite shutdown on the train sat to sun

I’m back out there Monday, arras and back 5 times wish me luck!!!

Gwinness:
Stuck in this bloody stack on the a26 at km the 12km mark, anybody closer to the port and can say if things are moving at all? I’ve been sitting here for over 3 hours now and not moved an inch! Thank god for my £2/hr waiting time bonus!! Lol

Apparently, Bonnie Tyler is struggling to find her way round over there. Bloody heartache for the poor lass,she’s turned around several times.

Got to Lille Thursday pm - TomTom says 125 min delay at Dunkerque. Managed to squeeze myself in a space at a services on A25. Got up at 0130 drove to the port about 0230. Saw a queue of about 12 wagons just before the last roundabout at the ferryport entrance. Thought “Brill - not too bad a wait” Didn’t notice that the queue went right at the r/a and not left into the ferryport. 12 HOURS LATER later, after a day of sitting for an hour, moving about a dozen truck lengths and then sitting for another hour I completed the long long detour in a big circle around the sand dunes and got to the ticket booth at about 1430. Gets my ticket and he says next boat 2100 their time. Eventually get to Dover about 2315. My TM had arranged two blokes to drive from Plymouth to pick up and drive my truck back, as I had started on Sunday, so I had already had my six days week.
22 hour day, so will get an infringement or beheading. Nothing else I could do once I was in the queue. I have got a printout about 2ft long with rest 1.15 mins, drive 2 mins, rest 1.35 mins, drive 2 mins and so on.
One thing I could not get my head round - if the flip flop in the next booth was getting his ticket at the same time as me it was obvious he had the same 6 and half hour wait for the boat. Why did he think it necessary to nearly take my front wing off in his rush to cut me off and get in front of me for his passport check.

Came through Calais this morning no bother at all got to the port at 4.15 and on the boat at about 5.30 seems to be quiet enough