anyone remember.........

hi all, myself and the missus ave just been talking about her dad who passed away 20 years ago and realised he would be retiring this year from driving,it got me wondering if anybody remembers him or the firm he worked for and if the firm still exists. His name was eddie gibson,he drove for express dairies and hansons in wakefield in the early 70s, then moved to moorsholm on the border of north yorkshire and redcar cleveland in the late 70s and got a start in boulby potash mine until he had an accident,he then started back on the wagons in the late 80s,the last firm he worked for was based in margrove park/charltons,unfortunatly we do not know the name of the firm but the gaffer was called bob goodeson and they used to carry potash in 8 wheelers we believe. it would be great to hear any stories or anecdotes from anyone that knew him and all shall be passed on so keep it clean :smiley: :smiley: .thanks all.richie.

HANSONS The green tippers from Newmillerdam

hi shytot,yea she thinks its the same firm her dad drove for,must be an fairly old firm now.

Doesn’t help with your enquiry but might be of interest:

margrovepark.com/charltons-village/

:bulb:
Perhaps one of the Mods could switch this post on to the old timers forum, it should have more chance of replies from the more ‘senior’ TruckNet members… :stuck_out_tongue:

:sunglasses:

cheers santa,interesting site. good thought deesider…could my post be moved to the old timers section? cheers.rich.

alliance:
cheers santa,interesting site. good thought deesider…could my post be moved to the old timers section? cheers.rich.

If its not done soon, send a Private Message to one of the moderators and they will do it if they feel it appropriate.

cheers dar…