Anyone recommend a decent truck kettle

I need a 24v kettle that works. Had one before it boiled once and that was it. Any one know where I can get a reliable one?

am guessin a good camping store?

had a giggle at your post there :smiley: dont no y as i can imagine your face when you fancied a brew etc an it was a no go

I had a Waecoone from Roadking like this.

It just packed up after 2.5 years because water had got in the switch and corroded he contacts, but in fairness it was mounted to the tray on my Scania beside my and I’d boil it up on the go ready for when I arrived. It’s got a safety cut out and will boil 2 mugs full of water in about 10 minutes or so. I’m using a gas one at the moment but I’m going to get another of these.

personally, i prefer to use gas kettles, more reliable :smiley:

mark h:
am guessin a good camping store?

had a giggle at your post there :smiley: dont no y as i can imagine your face when you fancied a brew etc an it was a no go

I was all excited (sad, I know) about having my king size pot noodle. I had the kettle out, the water out, the lid off the pot and the fork at the ready all a good hour before I was pulling in. Got to Southwaite, plugged the kettle in…nothing AAAAAAAAAAAARGH :imp:

I was determined though, I dug out the gas one from under a mountain of junk under the bed and ended up having a longer break because of it lol. Unreliable kettles make me sick lol

Those aerosol gas cookers are compact and easy to use, they fit easily into overhead lockers or under bunks, when cool of course, and a small pan is perfectly adequate.

You cannot cook a tin of emergency stew in a kettle but you can cook water in a pan.

Get a flask too, boil a pan of water in the morning, fill your flask and lo, the makings of a cup of tea all day long.

Waeco are the best by far. Expensive but good. Lymm sell them.

I have one of These. I have it a few years now and it is just right for a big mug of coffee etc, work well, doesn’t take up much room and is 12V or 24V. Trouble is these days, trucks incuding DAF’s :unamused: keep lowering their wattage capacity on their trucks power points, the newer they get.

DAFMAD:
I have one of These. I have it a few years now and it is just right for a big mug of coffee etc, work well, doesn’t take up much room and is 12V or 24V. Trouble is these days, trucks incuding DAF’s :unamused: keep lowering their wattage capacity on their trucks power points, the newer they get.

Have had two of them burn out on me. The second one the base melted onto the shelf it was sitting on. Also the plug in the ■■■ socket gets roasting hot to the point where I fear the socket is going to burn out completly

I will be avoiding at all cost. Just use gas, it’s no hassle and safe if you have common sense :smiley:

Wheel Nut:
Those aerosol gas cookers are compact and easy to use, they fit easily into overhead lockers or under bunks, when cool of course, and a small pan is perfectly adequate.

You cannot cook a tin of emergency stew in a kettle but you can cook water in a pan.

Get a flask too, boil a pan of water in the morning, fill your flask and lo, the makings of a cup of tea all day long.

I used to do exactly the same thing myself :blush: till I dropped my flask

Went to Lymm today to buy a Waeco kettle. On the box it says you have to beef up the ciggy lighter to 20 amps. The staff didnt know what my current DAF 85 has in. Also as im agency i drive many wagons so dont want to be messing with fuses. Im edging to a compact gas stove but would just like to know what fuses most trucks use.

I had an FM12, it was 12v on the cig lighter and the 12v Waeco I bought blew the fuse straight away. I took it straight back and swapped it for a 24v.

Scanias have a pair of Hella’s that are man enough but you’ll need to change the plug. Probably a gas stove would be best for you, when my last kettle finally died I used a gas for a while and it was amazingly quick. The only downfall is having to buy more gas, I figured that another pack of cannisters would have me on the way to a new kettle.

I have never had any luck with 12 or 24 v kettles, they never seem to last very long and when they do they take ages to boil a little bit of water, I use one of those flat gas stoves which boils enough water for a cuppa in not much more than a minute.

Best place I’ve found to buy gas cartridges is Argos, 12 for £19.99.

LASHHGV:
Went to Lymm today to buy a Waeco kettle. On the box it says you have to beef up the ciggy lighter to 20 amps. The staff didnt know what my current DAF 85 has in. Also as im agency i drive many wagons so dont want to be messing with fuses. Im edging to a compact gas stove but would just like to know what fuses most trucks use.

IIRC they are 285 watts. On the 24V ciggy lighter socket.

DAFMAD:

LASHHGV:
IIRC they are 285 watts. On the 24V ciggy lighter socket.

Basically, one-ninth of the power of your typical household kettle, no wonder they are ■■■.

It might be less than that :confused: But, more importantly most trucks are less than that especially Scanias. I’d like to know which truck can power a 300 watt kettle as standard. :confused: