Anyone pull a single-axle box trailer with a 6x2?

As title does anyone pull an 8m-ish single axle box trailer with a 6x2 unit?

What sort of fuel economy improvement are you getting relative to a 13.6m tri-axle?

I currently run 4x4 and trailers for smaller stuff and thinking about ditching for the above. Fed up of auto boxes ■■■■■■■■ themselves and other constant problems.

When I worked at Iceland we ran 8 & 9 metre trailers with a single axle. The fleet tractors were nearly all 4 x 2 with only a couple of 6 x 2 trunk units and hire units at peak times. The 6 x 2 units were never used pulling a single axle trailer and if memory serves there was something about construction and use regs which got in the way. I cant be certain of the reason, and to be honest I didn’t feel the need to delve to deeply, but I’m sure if this is for real then a better man than I will be able to clarify.

It could equally be just a company policy justified with a dodgy technical/legal rationale for the said policy.

Also the extra length of a 6x2 often results in the rear light clusters catching the landing legs.

Saw an unusual setup today, a MAN tgs xl, 6x2 tractor unit, with a single axle forced steered tanker trailer.