Anyone operate shorter trailers?

Wildy:
Woolworths had a few 20footers. Ideal in a tight spot. Could get in places a rigid couldn’t.

They had some double-deck urbans as well, which is an interesting idea.

Own Account Driver:

Wildy:
Woolworths had a few 20footers. Ideal in a tight spot. Could get in places a rigid couldn’t.

God that’d be taller than it was long, and a proper wind catcher!

you could tow another one behind that, and still be legal.

Fallmonk:
If space is such a issue would a 26t ridged be more practible ?

a 26T rigid is a nightmare in tight spaces due to the overhang at the back.

Try a 27ft trailer and see how easy it is

dew:

Own Account Driver:

Wildy:

And at the rate they lost 44footers goin over through crap loading and them being specced with tandem axles… :unamused:

Wildy:

dew:

Own Account Driver:

Wildy:

And at the rate they lost 44footers goin over through crap loading and them being specced with tandem axles… :unamused:

Doesn’t surprise me they had a habit of going over. Last place I was at bought six of them and I pulled two back. Absolutely horrendous even empty, the axles looked narrower than the body as well. They were all in test but god knows how, maintenance must have been pretty poor as they all needed brake overhauls.

Stolen from the internet. Thanks to Bill Clowes.

These were a regular sight coming unaccompanied through Immingham and Grimsby 20’ tandem fridges