Anyone on A46 northbound near Longbridge Island on monday?

came of the M40 monday morning round the island and was heading northbound towards coventry on the new bit of road thats still at 40mph…now i wasn’t really paying attention as the road is pretty much open and i dont think many other people in cars were either BUT its still set at 40 :unamused: …as i came up the bridge that crosses over the 46 there was a black car parked on it with a bloke dressed in black or navy blue with what looked like a hand held telescope looking straight at the vehicles coming towards him…it didn’t look like a radar gun or a camera (as in a spotter)and he wasn’t in hi-viz wear and the car parked nearby wasn’t marked up either…i think i managed to slow down to about 43 from about 50 but im obviously concerned that i’ve just been done for speeding…i thought any scamera vehicle had to be visible though??..only other thing i can think of is whether he was checking for seatbelts??..usually though dont they have police bikes or whatever further up the road to give you a ticket??..just wondering whether anyone knows any of the latest ploys that warwickshire police are maybe using :confused: :confused: