Anyone know what this button is

I give up, what is it? :laughing:
An electric one!

Battery isolator ?

I think its for the gypsies. Everytime you go past a street light to hotwire and vandalise,it flashes.

what truck

Looks like the battery isolated. Very similar to switches we had when was on coaches

I rekcon battery isolator/battery master switch

Had to ask when our new wagons had one after pressing it of course and nothing happened. Apparently it’s to do with downloading the tacho

hitch:
what truck

Scania mate

pepsifarr:
Had to ask when our new wagons had one after pressing it of course and nothing happened. Apparently it’s to do with downloading the tacho

Makes sense. It’s next yo the tacho head

Yeah I’ve got one in mine. It’s to remotely download the tachograph VU and driver card. It’s part of the Scania software package. As such you have to pay for the privilege of pressing that button! According to the manual there is a certain number after which the presses are chargeable :open_mouth:

Push it and find out lol

Lol they will get a big bill because I’ve pressed the hell out of it

Oops ah well maybe they should trust us with the manuals. It could be worse it could have been the self destruct button.

That button is to properly focus your camera.
You need to press it.

F-reds:
Yeah I’ve got one in mine. It’s to remotely download the tachograph VU and driver card. It’s part of the Scania software package. As such you have to pay for the privilege of pressing that button! According to the manual there is a certain number after which the presses are chargeable :open_mouth:

Just out of curiosity, where does it get ‘downloaded’ to? Scania or your employer, who may have the software on a PC to keep tabs on you??

Have one in in too, and I have been given the honour of being trusted with the driver may too, as well as the accessories catalogue (red book) too for some wishful reading!
Page 134 of the drivers handbook, it is used for downloading the driver card basically.

Actrosman:

F-reds:

Just out of curiosity, where does it get ‘downloaded’ to? Scania or your employer, who may have the software on a PC to keep tabs on you??

similar to tracker your employer will have the Scania software/log in. So it will go to your employer.

i spotted the same button in the unit i had on friday (64 plate) and had the same question. thanks for getting the answer for me :smiley:

can i assume that the purpose of this is to save time by not having to send someone out to download every unit with the company card and fob?

:slight_smile: With the Scania that I drove, if I went over a railway bridge south of Brisbane that had 25 Kv wires underneath, the bloody thing would lose half it’s power, wouldn’t rev, showed the ‘edc’ light and pumped out so much ■■■■■ that I couldn’t see anything in the mirrors (not a bad thing really).

The point of the story is that I could have done with a button like that with a lightning flash on it to reset the bloody thing instead of having to stop and turn off the engine to sort it out !