Anyone know these two lads?

Good evening Tony mate, Another old name from Barbours was Jimmy Brown R.I.P He also worked with my uncle Davy on J John Mcneal in Glasgow before Barbours… Just chillin out at the van Ton… Going to the booty in morning then off to the grind stone about 1 ish… Some good old stuff on here mate, Nostalgia for you old boys.

Regards Big Kev

Hi Kev, i should,nt have forgotten Jimmy. He gave me lift to Stirling to collect truck when i started for them. Two more names Robin Bartlet ( ex Sqibbs ) & Willie ? . Should know more but memories gone.

Am going to Worksop tomorrow Kev. Will ring you

Regards Tony

HI Kev sorry you are quite correct it was Mark the old grey cells are leaving me in droves :laughing:

Sorry to hear about Kevin Connolly RIP last time I saw him was many years ago on the boat to LeHavre I was on my way to repair one of my Scania’s (it had picked up a piston) I was with Ron Huntley and Phil Dibden. Kevin told me then that he had had a major operation on his stomach I think!

Regards Pat

Hi Tony & Pat, sorry to here about Kevin off Barbours he used to live in Stockbridge drove the left ■■■■■■ for them,my wife saw Ian & Dave Elkins recently,and Barry Stafford,I think the Willie is Willie Munroe,remember Roy “Cockney”, and Sinclair,also Jimmy Brown,and another Southampton Barbour driver Mick Collier, drove for Vincent Cottell later,will try and find some photo’s and post them. Great nights in the routiers with them all, up in the morning for Macon tea !! Big Derek off Rawlings lost his false teeth in the car park !

SB139
Sorry, I did not know anyone at John McNeils.
Alex

MaggieD:
Hi Tony & Pat, sorry to here about Kevin off Barbours he used to live in Stockbridge drove the left ■■■■■■ for them,my wife saw Ian & Dave Elkins recently,and Barry Stafford,I think the Willie is Willie Munroe,remember Roy “Cockney”, and Sinclair,also Jimmy Brown,and another Southampton Barbour driver Mick Collier, drove for Vincent Cottell later,will try and find some photo’s and post them. Great nights in the routiers with them all, up in the morning for Macon tea !! Big Derek off Rawlings lost his false teeth in the car park !

Dave Elkins, is this any relation to Micky Elkins, who drove for Bakers, Bakers Wharf ( ERF sleepers, and later MAN’s) on the continent in the early '70’s ■■
If not , does anyone remember him, is he still around ?