Anyone know the best route for coupar angus

Hi I am going from Leeds to a place called coupar Angus.

No probs with routing it but wondered if anyone had done it and could advise the best route looks like A1 to edinburgh and over forth road bridge.

OR

A1…A66…M6 ETC ETC

Your last option looks like the best one ,Cody.With the first option the’re too many tight turns & villages.

Yeah cheers H but aa route planner brings it out 5 h 3mins

And the RAC one brings the A1>>>Edinburgh forth road bridge out at 241 6 h plus

I dont get nearly 40 ks diff

I used to do it fully freighted, in a day from FX. Going the scenic route by the Angel I always lost a lot of time…After the clickety-click its motorway all the way from Leeds. The other way is a cute country road festering with speed cameras & cops.

5 Hours…
Oops! Just noticed that you have already been here… :laughing:

theaa.com/travelwatch/inc/pl … direct.jsp

H yes I thought might go the A66 roue …the other way if I remember is speed cameras all the way.

Anyhow the gig is a load from Leeds its an over nighter I am guessing tip in the morning and back down.

Its an agency job so not a lot of info mate

Do you know anyone where park safe

I used to tip in Kettle then make it back to the bridge & just before the bridge there is a BP truckstop. No probs & no parking fee. Looking at the Bridge from the North side its on an Ind.Est . on the left hand side. I seem to remember that its well sign posted as a fill-up area from the main road.Also on the way up just before the bridge there is another service area where you can park. I have never had probs. in these places…You are abuot an hours drive from Coupar Angus

VILLAGES & TIGHT TURNS HARRY It`s a while since Youve been up this end
every thing bypassed these days & quite a bit off dualling North of the Border
Still plenty of cameras though
Up to livingston tomorrow about 40 cameras their & back :frowning: :frowning:

Cheers H I am not sure if its a tip, pm or am but I will make it fit :wink:

not sure what to expect as I say its a last minute do us a favour gig…with not a lot of info.

been banged up for a few days so looking forward to the freedom

greek I have only been that way twice. Once about thirty years ago & then maybe 7 years ago…It didn’t impress me & I lost time…
thecoder0 I am surprised you haven’t tried the Canadian job if yu like the wide open spaces… :laughing:

greek which way would you take if you doing the run

Just remember that you wil be including Newcastle and all her brothers traffic if you keep straight at Scotch Corner.

From Leeds I think you would find the Jocks would use the 66/74 & kinkardine bridge Time wise that would be the quicker But if like me you get sick of Moterways the A1 is a nice steady run take about 6hrs

harry:
greek I have only been that way twice. Once about thirty years ago & then maybe 7 years ago…It didn’t impress me & I lost time…
thecoder0 I am surprised you haven’t tried the Canadian job if yu like the wide open spaces… :laughing:

The A1`s not to bad Harry quite quiet a bit like driving in France I thought you liked that type of work :exclamation:

Not if I lose time… :laughing:

Yeah I kind of prefer the a66>>>route due to me doing a lot of Leeds …Glasgow work.

What sort of timescale would doing it the a66 route take including breaks obviously

Probably five to 5 & half without breaks,

Last 4 yr`s H working out of brewery for a swiss company Kuehne & Nagel
no time deliveries no phones ringing no pressure no nights out paid by hour
so no worries on how long it takes

Quickest route will be A1, A66, M6, M74, M73, A80, M80, A9 to Perth, onto the M90 to cross over the Tay. Immediately after the bridge, take the slip road and follow the signs for Coupar Angus, don’t follow the A90 around the right curve towards Dundee.

Scenic route will be A1, A720 (city bypass), M9, Forth Road Bridge, M90 etc. There are a lot of speed cameras (sorry, Road Safety Cameras :unamused: ), several of them can differentiate between LGVs and cars.

Leaving from Stirling and going to Hull, using the scenic route takes roughly 15 - 30 minutes longer than the quick route. There is the difference that going from Stirling, we follow the M9 directly onto the A720, that will make it 10 - 20 mins longer for you, using the scenic route.
Several years ago, before the recent dualing of more of the A1, it took almost exactly the same to go from the Forth Road Bridge to Londonderry Lodge Truckstop, going by either the M74, M6 A66 or A720, A1, but that was also before all the speed cameras where put up :smiling_imp: .