Anyone know Manchester well?

The bridge circled on this picture is shown in my atlas as 14’9”, but as you approach from where the green arrow is there are no signs warning of height restrictions and you can see no marking on the bridges themselves. Just wondering if my map is out of date and if there used to be some other structure that was 14’9 that’s now been removed? A bit like the gantry that was taken down on the A406 north circular that I think used to be 15’9”.

Thanks

05D7AF40-D10A-4D2A-97B1-87D24A2A25CE.jpeg

There’s a sign on the bridge going way you indicate saying 14 9.
Also good luck if your going into Manchester city centre all road works along regent road are causing chaos

Plus think city are playing tonight

Yeah, as Edd said, there’s another bridge right after the first one signed to 14’ 9"

Google street view

Not sign posted the other way though? So you could come through with a high trailer the way I was going.

I wasn’t going that way. But when planning my route in I’d seen the 14’9 bridge on my map but then when I got to the A56/inner ring road junction I was surprised to see no height warning signs. That’s why I’m asking.

So it’s only 14’9 outbound from the city, inbound then in theory it’s unmarked so you could go that way (forgetting any roadworks)

The hight restriction looks due to the angle you approach it, whereas the opposite direction you drive straight through