Anyone know if Unitruc is good company

Hi all any info on Unitruc would be appreciated as off for interview tomorrow at there Shoeburyness office its for tramping work on containers.Do they pay weekly and is money decent?Are trucks any good or they bog standard ie fridges and microwaves etc thanks in advance

wayne1979:
Hi all any info on Unitruc would be appreciated as off for interview tomorrow at there Shrewsbury office its for tramping work on containers.Do they pay weekly and is money decent?Are trucks any good or they bog standard ie fridges and microwaves etc thanks in advance

If its the same firm from shoeburyness yes the are nice people to work for in my opinion ant trucks well speced , fridge but no micro money was weekly and id describe as ok

Thanks Chester good to hear weekly paid,never done containers before sure I will be fine though hope I get job as company seem friendly bunch got plenty of books and plenty of movies on iPad for all the handball unloads/reloads lol and as long as I can take home around 650 a week I’m happy.

Doubt you’ll hit 650 mate …talking to a driver in south mimms services last week was taking home 480 for 5 nights out :open_mouth:

Interview and assessment well very well pretty much guaranteed the job but he’s got to confirm things with the big boss been told will be on 700 a week but that’s as limited company so not to bad at all its sounds like it’s all McIntyre work and I deal with them.Motors all good to only problem I have is deciding between Unitruc job and gold star job.

What could possibly go wrong?

:grimacing:

Will take Unitruc job wage is better gold star wage is crap £6.90 hour basic I’ve seen van driving jobs paid better

Be aware that HMRC are clamping down on being self employed in someone else’s truck :wink:

Got Unitruc job start Monday will find out what I have Friday just hope it’s nice easy job to ease me in as never done containers before I know it’s easy work it’s the ports I got to get used to purfleet not to difficult tilbury shouldn’t be a problem immingham not to bad and Felixstowe I know as have rhides card it’s London gateway avonmouth Southampton I know once you’ve been once or twice you remember it’s just that initial first time I hate.One thing I will ask if I’m putting 2 20ft containers on I know doors open rear and front of trailer so let’s say I put rear one on first will the crane operator put the front container the right way or do I need to communicate with him doors to the front etc

dogthehunter:
Doubt you’ll hit 650 mate …talking to a driver in south mimms services last week was taking home 480 for 5 nights out :open_mouth:

:open_mouth: I can take that home with only 2 nights out cat C

dogthehunter:
-Be aware that HMRC are clamping down on being self employed in someone else’s truck :wink:

Wasn’t aware of that guess it was going to happen sooner or later they don’t like anyone else bending the rules unless it’s those robbing turds of course.

Definitely better paying jobs in Essex mate …I’m taking home 500 for a night or two out no hours and easy week on general haulage …keep your ear out in the ports if you want on containers

You get 5 nites out regardless if you have them or not on unitruc . I wasn’t on containers and was home all week but got the same money is I said owner and planners all nice folk . Not sure you will have to worry about purfllet to much it’s a very easy place but never seen unitruc in there. Also if you not keen on the contract you are on they will do there best to find you work you are happy on they do a lot of pulling other people’s trailers too but as said paye it’s only about 480 take home

Not sure if it is the same firm but Unitruc used to a lot of Italian work.
For UK containers you will need a Bulldog lock for the rear container doors.
Overnight parking is where you want, no curtain to get cut open.
Handball deliveries can take up to six hours or more, for tiny boxes stacked to the roof.
Watch out for unstable loads that can turn over, as the box is sealed, there is no way of checking it, as the delivery point will have bolt choppers.
There are empty container depots all over the country, Felixstowe can be daunting to begin with, ask for a map.
Ports have VBS vehicle booking system, your planner arranges that.
I took a bike with me and disappeared for long tips.
Every day is different and you go anywhere with boxes, from farms, villages, places in the middle of nowhere to house removals.
Marmite job, like or hate it.

chester1:
You get 5 nites out regardless if you have them or not on unitruc . I wasn’t on containers and was home all week but got the same money is I said owner and planners all nice folk . Not sure you will have to worry about purfllet to much it’s a very easy place but never seen unitruc in there. Also if you not keen on the contract you are on they will do there best to find you work you are happy on they do a lot of pulling other people’s trailers too

Its illegal to claim the tax free night out payments when going home every night

europleb:

chester1:
You get 5 nites out regardless if you have them or not on unitruc . I wasn’t on containers and was home all week but got the same money is I said owner and planners all nice folk . Not sure you will have to worry about purfllet to much it’s a very easy place but never seen unitruc in there. Also if you not keen on the contract you are on they will do there best to find you work you are happy on they do a lot of pulling other people’s trailers too

Its illegal to claim the tax free night out payments when going home every night

Phone the police then

europleb:

chester1:

Not if you are self employed. :grimacing: