Anyone know if the tramping thread is still on here?

Hi, I have done a search for the old tramping threade which has the list of things needed etc and I cant find it.
Start new tramping job tomorrow and want to make sure I have got what I need to get on for the week ahead.
Thanks

do you mean this?? hope youve got a mega space super space topline roadhaus :unamused: :open_mouth:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=37297

■■■■ - Pot noodle - baby wipes

In that order.

Job done :sunglasses:

Don,t forget to pack your “Ladies Sanitary Items”, as listed. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Who would need that lot to survive 4 nights out? They take less when they climb Mount Everest. :unamused:

merc0447:

In that order.

Had to use another drivers truck one day when working out the EK depot. Opened the centre drawer to find it jam packed full of ■■■■ lol.

kindle530:
do you mean this?? hope youve got a mega space super space topline roadhaus :unamused: :open_mouth:

Thanks that is the one, I have been doing nights out for three weeks in a 26ton rigid I could touch the roof in from my seat with nowhere to put anything and managed :smiley: But now you mention it I am gonna be driving a stralis mega cab with fitted microwave and fridge and passenger seat removed for the extra room :stuck_out_tongue: I may get a volvo in a few weeks but not sure I dont mind I dont demand anything to be fair I will get on with it in whatever as long as I get paid.

merc0447:

In that order.

Got the laptop for that :sunglasses: :stuck_out_tongue:

OllieNotts:

kindle530:

Thanks that is the one, I have been doing nights out for three weeks in a 26ton rigid I could touch the roof in from my seat with nowhere to put anything and managed :smiley: But now you mention it I am gonna be driving a stralis mega cab with fitted microwave and fridge and passenger seat removed for the extra room :stuck_out_tongue: I may get a volvo in a few weeks but not sure I dont mind I dont demand anything to be fair I will get on with it in whatever as long as I get paid.

spacewise, you will be better of staying with the fiat mate. sorry iveco.

kindle530:

OllieNotts:

kindle530:

spacewise, you will be better of staying with the fiat mate. sorry iveco.

agree with that, i’m in a stralis now, and used to have an xl volvo.
the volvo was a much nicer drivers truck, and better build quality, but for the tramping, the stralis, makes much better use of the space. even though they are a bit cheap and nasty, you soon get used to em, and i quite like mine now, apart from the stupid bloody curtains.

pot noodles, a kettle, and wet wipes, are def must haves.
i know many people swear by these sat nav thingies, but a uk atlas, and a few a-z’s of some of the major cities, could serve you well, london, birmingham, manchester, etc.
bumped into a new driver at our place the other week, and was gobsmacked, when he informed me, he didn’t need any maps, as he has a sat-nav :unamused:
good luck!

Cheers lads, will see how I get on then and if I get on with the fiat I’ll ask to keep it I’m not a lorry snob. Do like the actRoss mega space cab for room. Don’t drink tea so might get a gas cooker and make some of me own food to keep my costs down.

I found the Stralis seat a little bit thin on comfort after a while. Never had any comfort problems in a Volvo.

the stralis is a cracking motor, as bits fall off the interior space increases.

chilistrucker:
bumped into a new driver at our place the other week, and was gobsmacked, when he informed me, he didn’t need any maps, as he has a sat-nav :unamused:
good luck!

That could be me lol.

I carry 2 sat nav’s and an UK atlas with bridges, no a-z’s or anything though, too much ■■■■ to drag wagon to wagon.

Both my sat nav’s have truck maps on and do really well, but sometimes it’s just nice to look at a map and say “ahh”…