Anyone into fishing?

abc.net.au/news/2024-01-02/ … /103279494

Doing whatever it takes to devour a human in a small boat ain’t the normally expected behaviour of a giant salt water crocodile well known as being a more voracious predator than just about any other species of gator or croc.It was just avin a larf.
We’ll just relocate it it’ll be fine.It would probably be happy enough in somewhere like Dartmouth or Norfolk Broads.
I thought any Ozzy worth their ‘salt’ only goes fishing with dynamite not a rod and line which obviously covers all eventualities.

Aww… It’s shattered my image of Aussies having a blasé approach to their most excellent and dangerous wildlife, I expected him to say “It was only a 4 metre tiddler” :laughing:

I love the fact that Australia has the most dangerous snakes, the most dangerous spiders, the most dangerous jellyfish, and most dangerous sharks. More than one of my Uni (zoology) lecturers said “If there’s one country that’s going to kill you, it’s Australia” :laughing:

Can’t help thinking that the croc had more right to be in the water than the guy…ie it’s natural habitat.
The croc was only doing what the guy was doing…looking for food, So what right has he to complain?

It’s amusing how Australia is perceived and/or promoted by some. There is more chance of being killed or injured on the road than by the wildlife.
Apart from the fierce snake, most dangerous animals will actively try and avoid human contact.

Star down under.:
It’s amusing how Australia is perceived and/or promoted by some. There is more chance of being killed or injured on the road than by the wildlife.
Apart from the fierce snake, most dangerous animals will actively try and avoid human contact.

Yep you’re more likely to be swiped by the tail of a fleeing shark or Salt Water croc than them attempting to eat you.Also more likely to get run over by a reversing driver in the supermarket car park than any danger of being eaten while swimming with sharks or crocs.In addition to all the other harmless snakes and spiders that are only interested in running away from humans.At least that’s what the Australian Tourist Information says.

Carryfast:

Star down under.:

Yep you’re more likely to be swiped by the tail of a fleeing shark or Salt Water croc than them attempting to eat you.Also more likely to get run over by a reversing driver in the supermarket car park than any danger of being eaten while swimming with sharks or crocs.In addition to all the other harmless snakes and spiders that are only interested in running away from humans.At least that’s what the Australian Tourist Information says.

With twelve reported shark attacks and four by crocodiles, last year, I won’t be putting that to the test, but you as the expert of everything, are welcome to prove the claim. I’ll even shout you a pair of budgie smugglers.

Star down under.:

Carryfast:

Star down under.:

With twelve reported shark attacks and four by crocodiles, last year, I won’t be putting that to the test, but you as the expert of everything, are welcome to prove the claim. I’ll even shout you a pair of budgie smugglers.

Let’s get this right you want me to test my theory, that most of the Oz wildlife is out to kill and/or eat you, by jumping into a croc infested swamp or river or going fishing with a rod and line to prove myself wrong.Bearing in mind I view the Crocodile Dundee movies as documentaries.

Carryfast:

Star down under.:

Carryfast:

Star down under.:

Let’s get this right you want me to test my theory, that most of the Oz wildlife is out to kill and/or eat you, by jumping into a croc infested swamp or river or going fishing with a rod and line to prove myself wrong.Bearing in mind I view the Crocodile Dundee movies as documentaries.

Would you like the opportunity to edit your contradictions out of that post?

Star down under.:

Carryfast:

Would you like the opportunity to edit your contradictions out of that post?

You know it’s weapons grade sarcasm when you think it’s a contradiction.Lets just say that I was being serious about dynamite being the safest option for fishing in Australia whether coarse or salt water.