Anyone in the top ten?

Hinckley railway bridge sits top of ‘most bashed’ chart bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-l … e-54871244

Frankly I’m disappointed that Grantham only made joint seventh. C’mon guys let’s try to get one of my local bridges right up there in the Champions league.

Only reason Hinkley now No1, is Ely has been bypassed, so doesn’t get hit on a monthly basis…

If they stopped closing the sodding M6 every time someone dropped a ■■■ packet on it then perhaps Hinckley would drop out of the top ten!

biggriffin:
Only reason Hinkley now No1, is Ely has been bypassed, so doesn’t get hit on a monthly basis…

Ely was well down the list at number 6 back in 2015/16 (before the bypass), with around one strike a month. Hinckley is currently being hit once a fortnight…

the maoster:
If they stopped closing the sodding M6 every time someone dropped a ■■■ packet on it then perhaps Hinckley would drop out of the top ten!

Well stop throwing your empty packets out the window… :slight_smile:

biggriffin:

the maoster:

Well stop throwing your empty packets out the window… :slight_smile:

Good point. Well made.

It’s funny, they did the same campaign in 2017

bbc.com/news/uk-england-lei … e-38770146

Top ten from back then:

1. A205 St Mildreds Road, Hither Green, London - struck 26 times

2. A205 Thurlow Park Road, Tulse Hill, London - struck 22 times

3. Lower Downs Road, Wimbledon, London - struck 16 times

4. A52 Barrowby Road, Grantham, Lincolnshire - struck 14 times

5. A624 Hayfield Road, Chinley, Derbyshire - struck 13 times

6. A636 Denby Dale Road, Wakefield, West Yorkshire - struck 12 times

7. A142 Stuntney Road, Ely, Cambridgeshire - struck 12 times

8. A5 Watling Street, Hinckley, Leicestershire - struck 11 times

9. A51 Upper St John Street, Lichfield, Staffordshire - struck 11 times

10. A429 Kingway, Hullavington, Wiltshire - struck 10 times

11. B5008 Repton Road, Willington, Derbyshire - struck 10 times

They should put gold/silver/bronze ribbons on each of the top 3 bridges every year and the words “Bridge strike champion /2nd/3rd” in giant reflective letters, maybe that will turn a lamp on in the heads of truck drivers approaching them. Or it might tickle the pride of the locals so they’ll be hitting the bridge on purpose to collect more points in the championship.

the maoster:
Frankly I’m disappointed that Grantham only made joint seventh. C’mon guys let’s try to get one of my local bridges right up there in the Champions league.

Grantham will be out of the Top 10 when the by-pass is built :frowning: :laughing:

carryfast-yeti:

the maoster:

Grantham will be out of the Top 10 when the by-pass is built :frowning: :laughing:

Good point. However I reckon that it’ll only alleviate bridge strikes by traffic coming from Boston area along the A52, but IMO the problems start when the A1 is Donald Ducked by the endless accidents caused by the ridiculous cross overs near Ponton. When that happens traffic will divert as usual from Gonerby Moor/A52/A607 and head into town passing under low bridges on any of them routes and we’ll be back to square one again.

the maoster:

carryfast-yeti:

the maoster:

Grantham will be out of the Top 10 when the by-pass is built :frowning: [emoji38]

Good point. However I reckon that it’ll only alleviate bridge strikes by traffic coming from Boston area along the A52, but IMO the problems start when the A1 is Donald Ducked by the endless accidents caused by the ridiculous cross overs near Ponton. When that happens traffic will divert as usual from Gonerby Moor/A52/A607 and head into town passing under low bridges on any of them routes and we’ll be back to square one again.

I daresay that’s why the one at Hinckley is in the top spot - every time the M6 is cattled (whether due to crashes or never-ending roadworks) everyone and his dog takes to the A5…

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

So, no Scottish bridges on the list. That’s cause our bridges are as hard as f##k, and just laugh at a wee dunt from a trailer. :wink:
Just like Irn Bru. Made in Scotland, from girders.

Old John:
So, no Scottish bridges on the list. That’s cause our bridges are as hard as f##k, and just laugh at a wee dunt from a trailer. :wink:

Have they moved Cleland, North Lanarkshire to some point South of the border…?

Cameron toll in Edinburgh not been hit for a while.was a favourite of stobarts :open_mouth: cheers Ray

Roymondo:

Old John:

Have they moved Cleland, North Lanarkshire to some point South of the border…?

The drivers there are as hard as the bridge. Gie it the guttie and just rugg the trailer through. :smiley: