Anyone here worked for flybynite near Redditch?

Ive done nearly four months at the place I’m at and starting to feel like this particular job/place is not going to suit me long term. Heard someone raving about how great this company is (obviously took that with some level of scepticism) and thought I’d ask on here.

Cheers

What exactly don’t you like about this part of the industry?

smog:
Ive done nearly four months at the place I’m at and starting to feel like this particular job/place is not going to suit me long term. Heard someone raving about how great this company is (obviously took that with some level of scepticism) and thought I’d ask on here.

Cheers

Since you are actually there, what are you asking?

Seems like a post one would make before going somewhere.
Only you know what does/doesnt suit you. Weve all different ideas of what makes a “great” company.

He’s asking about joining FBN and saying “Where’s he’s at” ie the place he’s at now, which isn’t FBN

toonsy:
He’s asking about joining FBN and saying “Where’s he’s at” ie the place he’s at now, which isn’t FBN

Thanks…I see what he means now.

What would you like to know

robthedog:

Im not the OP, of course....but are FlyByNight back on Euro show work, from the UK? Covid and Brexit have been throwing all sorts of hammers, in all sorts of works, and Im curious whether or not it is all running any smoother now?

Franglais:

robthedog:

Im not the OP, of course....but are FlyByNight back on Euro show work, from the UK? Covid and Brexit have been throwing all sorts of hammers, in all sorts of works, and Im curious whether or not it is all running any smoother now?

They seem to have many Irish plated trucks now…

But I mainly see them running in and out of Royal Mail at Crick.

toonsy:

Franglais:

robthedog:

They seem to have many Irish plated trucks now…

But I mainly see them running in and out of Royal Mail at Crick.

That is what I`d heard “through the grapevine” too.
Cheers.

Sorry yes should have explained a bit clearer. I don’t work for FBN right now.

Basically, I’m wondering what the money would be like, how changeable/seasonal the job is, typical working day/week/whatever. Just looking at different types of work really. I heard that you can be away for months but possibly get more time off. Can’t verify much of it though.

I’m on fridges right now and while the job is easy I take home about £600 a week for minimum of 12 hours a day 5 days a week. Not much time to have a life. Only time off at Christmas is Christmas Day, that’s it.

smog:
Sorry yes should have explained a bit clearer. I don’t work for FBN right now.

Basically, I’m wondering what the money would be like, how changeable/seasonal the job is, typical working day/week/whatever. Just looking at different types of work really. I heard that you can be away for months but possibly get more time off. Can’t verify much of it though.

I’m on fridges right now and while the job is easy I take home about £600 a week for minimum of 12 hours a day 5 days a week. Not much time to have a life. Only time off at Christmas is Christmas Day, that’s it.

I know a few people who have done tour work, not for FBN (Edwin Shirley, TransAm etc). The work is sporadic, you can be away for months or sitting at home for months. It used to be around £1,000 a week take-home with all food provided although FBN were always regarded as the lowest paying firm on tour work. There’s a lot of night work (the clue is in the name) and a lot of double or even treble manning, many drivers start out as “Third Driver”, being flown out to Milan (say) then driving to maybe Koln and then flying back to the UK again.

From what I’ve seen of tour drivers, it’s compulsory to have enough hair to be able to grow a little pony tail. :stuck_out_tongue:

smog:
12 hours a day 5 days a week. Not much time to have a life. Only time off at Christmas is Christmas Day, that’s it.

\That’s the average working week in UK haulage, it’s a job with long hours so you’re going to likely be doing that or not much less wherever you go. You are entitled to 28 days paid leave a year, are you getting those?

Conor:

smog:
12 hours a day 5 days a week. Not much time to have a life. Only time off at Christmas is Christmas Day, that’s it.

\That’s the average working week in UK haulage**, it’s a job with long hours so you’re going to likely be doing that or not much less wherever you go**. You are entitled to 28 days paid leave a year, are you getting those?

All hail the all knowing Oracle…

I work fewer hours (many fewer), and spend more time at home, than at work. I take home that kind of money, after tax, and get my night out money on top.

Oh, 28 days holiday? I work 6 months of the year. I also get 30 days holiday. It’s a bit of a lottery, but if I’m not rotad to work on a bank holiday, that day off doesn’t come out of my holidays… so, I only really have to work 5 months of the year. Employed, not as a "here today, gone tomorrow " agency limper.

Oh, and before you play your trump card Conor … in this line of work, getting time off at (very) short notice, is easy. Almost as easy as it is for a limper. But guess what? I get paid for that day off…

:grimacing:

@ smog (I’m not trusted to reply to PM’s… :smiling_imp: ), I work 4 on-4off. Specifically on the milk. Theres quite a few in the North Cotswolds. Cotteswold Dairies in Twekesbury. Wincanton in Stroud. Miller in Droitwich.

Harry Monk:
it’s compulsory to have enough hair to be able to grow a little pony tail. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well that sounds like I’m not going to get the job, unless I can start a trend of tying my lug’ol hair back

Theres a bird on FB who has a sizable following on YouTube IIRC who has just done a double drive job for the last month or so, whos pretty shattered by the experience [reading between the lines]

But, I`ve got mates on for various outfits who love it, so its one of those jobs where you either fit in & take to it, or you soon realise that its not for you and ship out PDQ :wink:

the nodding donkey:

Why did you even post that, I wasn’t asking you. I don’t give a toss what you do.

I’ve always thought ‘Flybynite’ was a bit of a daft name,.I’ve always took it that a ‘Fly by night’ co is a cowboy outfit, or a here there gone tomorrow type operation.

Anyhoo that’s my contribution and a useless piece of information.
But carry on. :smiley:

peirre:
Well that sounds like I’m not going to get the job, unless I can start a trend of tying my lug’ol hair back

Or nasal hair.

Ken.

the nodding donkey:

Conor:

smog:

\That’s the average working week in UK haulage**, it’s a job with long hours so you’re going to likely be doing that or not much less wherever you go**. You are entitled to 28 days paid leave a year, are you getting those?

I work fewer hours (many fewer), and spend more time at home, than at work. I take home that kind of money, after tax, and get my night out money on top.

Oh, 28 days holiday? I work 6 months of the year. I also get 30 days holiday. It’s a bit of a lottery, but if I’m not rotad to work on a bank holiday, that day off doesn’t come out of my holidays… so, I only really have to work 5 months of the year. Employed, not as a "here today, gone tomorrow " agency limper.

Oh, and before you play your trump card Conor … in this line of work, getting time off at (very) short notice, is easy. Almost as easy as it is for a limper. But guess what? I get paid for that day off…

:grimacing:

Milk tanker pay must of changed because a few years ago Easton’s gonerby moor were advertising 4/4 and it was terrible money , backed up by never ending job adverts , obviously never filled