Anyone heard of Montgomery?

according to the advert it’s from the 1940s .

Looks similar to the Mercury truck Dan, but I haven’t heard of Montgomery either. Seems OK at the price, a Ford engine I would imagine?

Pete.

Vaguely rings a bell, they were works trucks for internal use in large engineering factories and such like.

Iam just wondering if this vehicle would be very low geared ,and would it have a plate which I could use to road register it ? I quite fancy it for in the yard .

I see its sold Dan,next project ? Mike :smiley:

thelongdrag:

Yes Mike sold ,it had gone when I called on the Wednesday morning ,I just fancied something different ,it would keep windrush pete busy through the winter !

Looks like an early type of “skate board” to me Dan !! Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

Yes nice looking isn’t it for saying it’s from the 40s or even earlier ,of course a Big wheeler man such as your good self wouldn’t be seen dead in it !

Punchy Dan:

Bewick:

Yes nice looking isn’t it for saying it’s from the 40s or even earlier ,of course a Big wheeler man such as your good self wouldn’t be seen dead in it !

Come on Dan’l of course I could of made use of it in the depot running up and down the trailer ranks with spare wheels etc. etc. and when it was ■■■■■■■ down our tyre fitter could have kept dry in the cab :wink: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.

Punchy Dan:

thelongdrag:

Yes Mike sold ,it had gone when I called on the Wednesday morning ,I just fancied something different ,it would keep windrush pete busy through the winter !
[/quote]

Ha blooming ha Dan, if I lived to be 150 I doubt that I would ever finish what’s lurking in my shed and garages at present! :laughing: I do fancy a Lister or Mercury truck or similar one day though, about as close as I will ever get to a classic truck. :wink:

Pete.

^^ you could both be in my garage brushing kurust on by Christmas .