Anyone heard of Logistical Support (UK) Ltd?

My lad’s just signed up with this agency (they seem to do a lot of other stuff according to their website). He’s been told he needs to register as self-employed, but they’ve told him that there are no deductions made and all he has to do is send in his timesheet(s) at the end of the week and the money will be in his account by the end of the following week. Doesn’t seem to be an umbrella company as they don’t want his receipts etc. he just has to hang onto them himself and they’ve given the name of an accountant but haven’t insisted he use them. I’ve told him about the differences between sole trader & ltd. co. etc. Sounds fairly kosher, but just wanted to see if anyone knew of them. One small point is that the guy he saw, & the website, both say they’ve been going for 15 years, but according to Companies House it only started in July 2010.

You seen their website… Nice looking and all, which has alarm bells ringing already. :confused:

Even that black car with blanked out registration being put onto that wagon looks dodgy! :open_mouth:

As for that guy grinning like he’s just won the lottery (he’d better not have just run over a cat!) - need I say more? :unamused:

I challenge anyone to tell me how an agency bod like me can make self-employed pay - ever!
PAYE and a good relationship with HMRC has done me proud this first year on agency I’ve done - it would take a lot to push me off the PAYE pot I can tell you! :sunglasses:

Did you notice the guy grinning is driving a left hand drive, says it all really

Just done a googlemaps on the address on their website, it’s a house up a cul- de-sac. Be careful.

Yes, we knew it was a private house - that’s where he went for the ‘interview’, & if it was suspect the guy is unlikely to put his home address on a website.

He’s also got him 2 runs for Saturday & Sunday already - £10 & £12.50 respectively for class 2, with two local companies I know. If he pays as promised then maybe it’s just me getting cynical in my old age…

What’s he got to lose?

Hopefully nothing, but he’s just been pi**ed around so much by agencies that I was interested to find out where this one came from.

they have been going for years, used to be called Solutions People Placement, i worked for them around 8 years ago

ashbyspannerman:
they have been going for years, used to be called Solutions People Placement, i worked for them around 8 years ago

That’s what I was looking for - some sort of pedigree. Thanks for that.