Anyone heard anything?

In short

Last night I was told of an incident on the M11 last week in which a Polish Driver alledgedly drove a long distance with a puncture on his trailer leaving a pall of smoke in his wake, resulting in other drivers trying unsuccessfully to stop him, and even calling radio stations etc about the incident, which eventually resulted in 2 vehicles being involved in an accident with the truck.

According to the Loading bay staff, the management are trying to cover the incident up by refusing to talk about it, but I aint heard anything about it on here so did it actually happen or is it another urban myth trying to discredit the Poles?

I was on M11 last Friday (28th) did not see anything then, what night did this allegedly happen?

I used the M11 southbound every night last week at about 1800, and towards the end of the week, I do remember seeing two crashed cars on the hard shoulder.

A little bit before Stansted, IIRC (this is the most boring road I know :frowning: ).

I didn’t really look at them to see what had happened, but the police were on the scene. No sign of any truck though.

Its probably another urban myth dont forget they have sucha higher work ethic than the British drivers so i cant even start to think about those ■■■■■■■ wonderful Polish drivers causing such mayhem.

Unfortunately I dont know any time or Day, it’s just strange how loading bay staff were talking about it yet I had’nt heard anything on the News etc.

So just thought I’d ask here :blush:

According to the tale he had driven 30 miles with the puncture but things do get exagerated :smiling_imp:

not a good idea to stop unprofesional a other.
I would phone them or the Sheriff.
Most Lorries have a phonenumber on.otherwise 999 and the uniform would stop him.

Davey, I have had this told to me two or three times now and each time it was a different motorway, a different distance driven and a different number of cars involved in the final accident. The Polish bit was consistent with each telling. Draw your own conclusions.

Coffeeholic:
Davey, I have had this told to me two or three times now and each time it was a different motorway, a different distance driven and a different number of cars involved in the final accident. The Polish bit was consistent with each telling. Draw your own conclusions.

Yes, I think there is a standard form with blanks left to fill in for ‘motorway’, ‘vehs. involved’, ‘nationality of driver’ etc., but in the last category there is a choice of initial letter to choose from - P - just to save some thinking power. :laughing: :laughing:

Salut, David.

probably (zb), but reminds me… many years ago was export clearing in concorezzo customs (leather jackets, always hated the job security wise) one saturday morning when one of bill humphreys from london with the old 111s and F88s rolls in with no wheel on one of his trailer axles n/s and the drum rather 50p shaped and knocked to ****

he had come from bologna and not noticed it although it MUST have been off for miles :open_mouth: i told him i’d help him to strap it up as he had no spare but he didn’t carry a single strap so i even had to lend him two of those :unamused: bloody 01ers eh :wink:

not subtle enough :wink: mm

Oi…none of your lip young man…about o1ners…cream of the crop…thats what i say…wasnt the pink 111 was it…spose you all went round to pops after for a liquid lunch ■■..as for the straps…you probably nicked them anyway…northerners never pay for anything… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

And i forgot to say…it definitely was a pole…one of turners.i believe…well if it was a foreigner…who else can we blame…might as well be them…
turned out he never knew he was tyred (tired)…get it… :cry: :cry:

truckyboy:
Oi…none of your lip young man…about o1ners…cream of the crop…thats what i say…wasnt the pink 111 was it…spose you all went round to pops after for a liquid lunch ■■..as for the straps…you probably nicked them anyway…northerners never pay for anything… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: yeah there’s a good chance they were borrowed anyway but that’s not the point! it wasn’t one of the really tarted up motors

while roughly on the subject does anyone remember an outfit called portors out of rainham way, run by a bloke called don collinson - yeeeeeeeeeha! :laughing:

I was in Oswestry on wednesday morning and looked at the local paper.On the front it showed a topline scania that was parked on an industrial estate and was hit by another artic !!!.
A Dutch truck driven by a polish driver.The driver in the topline who was asleep is in hospital in a bad way.

Half of my working week is spent on the arterial roads running into and around London and nothing whatsoever surprises me about what I see every day with the ‘P’’ and ‘LT’ plates and all the others taking the pee, try any of the services in and around the M25 any night of the week its like the ‘UN’ they don’t give a toss because they know that they can get away with almost anything.

So is it all just a big myth and in fact the Polish drivers are not bad drivers or is there something in this hearsay?.

MrReliable:
I was in Oswestry on wednesday morning and looked at the local paper.On the front it showed a topline scania that was parked on an industrial estate and was hit by another artic !!!.
A Dutch truck driven by a polish driver.The driver in the topline who was asleep is in hospital in a bad way.

it was the polish driver that was parked and was hit by a dutch registered lorry driven by british driver

slowboy:

MrReliable:

it was the polish driver that was parked and was hit by a dutch registered lorry driven by british driver

It must obviously have been the Polish drivers fault because if he hadn’t beeparked there the accident wouldn’t have happened. :wink:

Don Collinson…green motors…used to do work for fords and also container work…all scania fleet…when i knew him he had his own name on the motors,
was around the same time as Sammy Williams from dagenhan dock…the first to fit a ■■■■■■■ engine into an F88.