Anyone heading for Turkey?

any guys heading for Turkey at any point soon?

Looking for a lift if anyone has space?

cheers, BigJ

To be honest a driver is not allowed to take passengers due to insurance.
You could hang around Davies Turner depots at Dartford or Avonmouth where the Turkish drivers are.
Try Mars and EKOL transport.
Dover is another place where the Turks wait around.
Or Eurolines coach to Istanbul.
Flights are expensive due to school holidays.
Last option is drive there and sell the car in Turkey.
Pulleyn transport at Reading go to Turkey.

And not everyone would want to share their cabs for the trip either.

Strange first post,whats up with getting a plane like everybody else :unamused:

The budget airlines are no longer cheap.They now have large fleets and prices are high.
To get a good price,you need to book months ahead.
As said,the cab space is small to share with a stranger.
It seems the OP wants to get there at the last minute for a wedding.

Hmmm…how to get to Turkey (then on to Syria and Iraq) under the radar so to be speak!! Now, who and why would anyone want to do that in this day and age?? :wink: :wink: :open_mouth:

toby1234abc:
Pulleyn transport at Reading go to Turkey.

Ha Toby, you know full well Pulleyn would be the last company to allow a passenger! I imagine risking the load like that by taking a passenger all the way to Turkey would lead to instant dismissal at Pulleyn!

toby1234abc:
To be honest a driver is not allowed to take passengers due to insurance.
Really ? I think you meant to say a lot rather than all…

:smiley: he didn’t say all!

Oh no he said A driver isn’t allowed. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: the rest of us without that name are fine.

I’d say the OP is a good 15-20 years too late with his request in a British drivers forum. Unless I’m mistaken, apart from the odd Pulleyns and concert trucks etc doesn’t absolutely everything go on Turkish and too a lesser extent, Bulgarian trucks now?

Head down to Wincheap industrial estate Canterbury, a previous favourite parking place of mine but now there’s never any space, its a sea of Kadir Demir trucks! The other day they had a table out, with a TV on it sat around eating and drinking having cooked their dinner together. They do it properly do the Turks.

Given that Turkey is the main way into Syria, Iraq and all the charnel houses east of there and every wanna be jihadi starts of in Turkey, I think this post is well suspicious. One post asking one question with no come backs or reply!!! Who in their right mind would want to share the cab of a truck for however many days, travelling across Europe and on into Turkey when you can fly there at cheap prices? More to the point, WHY would someone choose that method of transport to get there? If you don’t wish to fly then there are coach services overland so why share the cab of a truck with a stranger?

Maybe bigjock could enlighten us because, although it may be a totally innocent request, I think this post is well dodgy.

toby1234abc:
It seems the OP wants to get there at the last minute for a wedding.

Just saw this last line Toby. Did this person contact you? If he wants to get all the way to Turkey “at the last minute” for a wedding then he couldn’t have picked a slower, more unusual way of getting there!! How many days is it overland to Turkey. I have never been so im guessing 5 days via Greece and the ferries (if you can get a truck on one this time of year!) or a bit longer through Bulgy / Rumo etc.

Whatever, its a very strange and slow way of getting to a wedding at the last minute!!

Can you not get a train down to Italy and then get a bus the rest of the way

I’m sure there’s a container going that way :wink: :wink:

Im with you on this one bullet,when i first saw it i scratched my head and said what to the pc :confused: :confused: well iffy and weird .

Weekly hovercraft service from Dungerness to Istanbul.
It gets a bit choppy around the Bay of Biscay so the Captain has to ratchet down all the passengers.
They do not give out paper sea sick bags,you are given a bucket each
You may have to share the deck with livestock.
The last time i was on it ,there were chickens and goats running around.
On arrival at Turkey,the crew had made chicken pie,soup and stir fry chicken and goat curry.
It still had the eye balls in it.
If in no hurry,go get the hover .

toby1234abc:
Weekly hovercraft service from Dungerness to Istanbul.
It gets a bit choppy around the Bay of Biscay so the Captain has to ratchet down all the passengers.
They do not give out paper sea sick bags,you are given a bucket each
You may have to share the deck with livestock.
The last time i was on it ,there were chickens and goats running around.
On arrival at Turkey,the crew had made chicken pie,soup and stir fry chicken and goat curry.
It still had the eye balls in it.
If in no hurry,go get the hover .

youtube.com/watch?v=ToQ0n3itoII