Anyone have any info on paulton transport? Somerset

Does anyone have any information on Paulton Transport, my father in law used to own this company since 1966 till the late 1990’s. Based in Somerset.

It was a family ran business, his brother ran a transport company from the same yard, Paul R Maggs. Would be nice to find out any old information about it or any old pics on either of them.

Both of the companies had light blue lorries’ apart from Paulton Transport used black artics.

They used to do quarry work from the Mendips, timber work from South Wales, they used to haul the French trailors from Portsmouth, and delivered all around the Mainland of the UK.

Any sort of information would be greatly appreciated,
thanks Clive

Idiot:
Does anyone have any information on Paulton Transport, my father in law used to own this company since 1966 till the late 1990’s. Based in Somerset.

It was a family ran business, his brother ran a transport company from the same yard, Paul R Maggs. Would be nice to find out any old information about it or any old pics on either of them.

Both of the companies had light blue lorries’ apart from Paulton Transport used black artics.

They used to do quarry work from the Mendips, timber work from South Wales, they used to haul the French trailors from Portsmouth, and delivered all around the Mainland of the UK.

Any sort of information would be greatly appreciated,
thanks Clive

Hi Clive, “100 years ago”, I supplied Paul with two Volvo F7 8x4 tipers and a Volvo estate car all in one package.
Can not remember how I got to know them but a nice man never the less, good luck in your search. Harvey ( Princes Commercials Volvo ) Southampton.

I don’t remember Paulton Transport but I remember a printing company in Paulton called Pullars or Pullers.We used to deliver toluene there int 70s,it was a big place.

Look on the Portsmouth thread. Maggs’ Mack is on there with the driver Ian Birnie. I remember Stuart who drove a black Scania. They all did SCAC traction work from Pompey dock.

CZC00059-03.jpg

I used to deliver boiler fuel to the printing works at Paulton and i think it was Purnells. One of our drivers ran over the boilermans cat. I posted a picture of Paulton transport and Maggs on here years ago but that has all gone now with photobucket.