Anyone have a rough idea regarding sim data use

Hi all. I am thinking a little ahead here but I would think that when I get back to tramping, using a tablet/ laptop tethered to phone and maybe watching online content like youtube etc. would be useful but I have no idea what so ever on how much date I would eat through in a monthly billing period. I also can’t see anywhere with my current provider (sim only rolling contract with Virgin) where they show a cost if I opted for unlimited data. That could be an option to cover myself depending on cost obviously.

Any of you guys (or ladies) have a rough idea on the amount of data they may use on average in a month or know of any decent deals out there? I would really like to stick with pay as you go initially and I realise that will be more expensive than a contract. tia.

How longs a piece of string question.i use lots on my three sim only deal ,Costs me £25 a month .genuine unlimited data
Unlimited texts
600 minutes
Capped 5 gig tethering
Just get a big phone ,Like a note 4/5 ,That is enough to watch movies and youtube on .or ask for a better tethering deal ?

Couple of hours TV,will eradicate your tethering allowance.

You can get apps to cover it , though i had one working ,But my phone updated ,And three text me to say my tethering had ran out lol …

I would check but I don’t think virgin allow tethering to other devices although that may be plan specific. I know my mums with virgin for her mobile and wanted to tether it tablet but when I looked into it virgin did not do tethering. As said there are ways around it to use tour phones allowance if you have enough. But as said you want a large data package or preferably unlimited as on demand services will gobble it up faster than than a turkey gobbles poop.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Im on sim only with 3

Unlimited data, 10gig of which can be tethered. Never exceeded that.

Think i pay around £23 a month for it.

andy_s:
Hi all. I am thinking a little ahead here but I would think that when I get back to tramping, using a tablet/ laptop tethered to phone and maybe watching online content like youtube etc. would be useful but I have no idea what so ever on how much date I would eat through in a monthly billing period. I also can’t see anywhere with my current provider (sim only rolling contract with Virgin) where they show a cost if I opted for unlimited data. That could be an option to cover myself depending on cost obviously.

Any of you guys (or ladies) have a rough idea on the amount of data they may use on average in a month or know of any decent deals out there? I would really like to stick with pay as you go initially and I realise that will be more expensive than a contract. tia.

Hi Andy.

I’ve got 10 gig on my phone and 15gig on my tablet. I stream live radio most of the day on my phone and use about 5 gigs a month doing that.

I only tend to watch live TV on my tablet if I can’t get a decent TV signal. Try not to be using data just to watch Emmerdale! Although I do sometimes.

It’s a good idea to download documentaries or drama’s on your home wi fi then it costs you nothing to play them back when you’re parked up.

Mick.