Anyone got a number for Iceland transport office

Just got my mirror clipped, near dewsbury by an iceland truck. Thought I’d ring their depot before the insurers…
Got the plate, time and location. Do they have trackers?
I don’t blame the drive, there were parked cars both sides (including mine), and someone oncoming flashed him through when there was plainly no room, but he wouldn’t have been able to tell that from way back where he was. By the time he got to me it was very tight, so he tried to weave in front of me (there was a gap between me and the next parked car of around twenty meters), but then when he weaved out again, his trailer rear end swing got me).
I beeped and flashed, but he didn’t stop…

Crap happens mate. Sounds from your description that he at least attempted to drive courteously but unfortunately clipped your mirror. Did he break it? If not, then just move on. If he did then in this scenario I’d be tempted to say the I hit a branch/ had a bird strike. The guy wasn’t behaving like a twunt, let it go.

Oh no, it’s smashed to bits mate… needs replacement unit. Obviously in the eyes of the law, he should’ve been going a bit slower, so he could stop, but I’m not judging, cos we’ve all been there.
Unfortunately, I’m not in a position to take the cost of it, especially at this time of year, but I want to give Iceland the opportunity to just pay for the job, rather than getting the insurance companies involved.

This sounds stupid but if you tweet them they’ll say transport is run by a 3rd party logistic company but then give you all the details you need to contact the relevant depot.

All the supermarkets are Twitter daft.

Shandy123:
Oh no, it’s smashed to bits mate… needs replacement unit. Obviously in the eyes of the law, he should’ve been going a bit slower, so he could stop, but I’m not judging, cos we’ve all been there.
Unfortunately, I’m not in a position to take the cost of it, especially at this time of year, but I want to give Iceland the opportunity to just pay for the job, rather than getting the insurance companies involved.

Ok mate, in that case you need to get in touch with XPO who run their transport. From the area you described I reckon that it’d be a Warrington motor.

the maoster:

Shandy123:

Ok mate, in that case you need to get in touch with XPO who run their transport. From the area you described I reckon that it’d be a Warrington motor.

Cheers.

Ok, I got through to them. I hope they don’t go too hard on the driver, I stressed that out would’ve been a tough one for him, especially as he was flashed through.

… he has damaged your property … regardless if it was intentional or not you have Every right to claim, I doubt there will be any come back on the driver. But if you say well he was flashed through and didn’t slow enough to ensure he didn’t hit my vehicle. I tried to alert him etc. you will give a muppet in an office a chance to open an investigation to make them feel there is justification in them being employed.

And poor driver will be hung drawn and then spared just because they need a load delivered

Nothing will happen to him. The Warrington guys are decent with us so my guess is they are decent with their own drivers.

You should be writing to his office and praising his skills for not taking the side of your car off. It sounds like you knowingly obstructed the highway, and even watched the problem develop. Just out of interest, did you fold your mirror in? Of course, the driver will be “at fault”. It will be on his record and it will go against him, but at least you’ll get a new mirror.

^^^ sometimes people try to defend the undefendable just because its a truck driver then try to put the blame on a stationary vehical its an accident they happen . Sounds like the op is going the right way about it not phoning up screaming and shouting

I’d be wanting about four grand for whiplash and trauma for that. :wink:

Cosmic:
You should be writing to his office and praising his skills for not taking the side of your car off. It sounds like you knowingly obstructed the highway, and even watched the problem develop. Just out of interest, did you fold your mirror in? Of course, the driver will be “at fault”. It will be on his record and it will go against him, but at least you’ll get a new mirror.

Oh, yes, in the 1 to 2 seconds I had between thinking “that looks tight” and impact, I decided to open my window, reach out into the half inch gap between the top of my mirror housing and the bed of a moving and closing-in triaxle trailer, to pull in the mirror, risking my hand and a much more serious incident… :unamused:

Oh, and here’s me “knowingly obstructing the highway…” …you sheep’s clunge…

Shandy123:

Cosmic:

Oh, yes, in the 1 to 2 seconds I had between thinking “that looks tight” and impact, I decided to open my window, reach out into the half inch gap between the top of my mirror housing and the bed of a moving and closing-in triaxle trailer, to pull in the mirror, risking my hand and a much more serious incident… :unamused:

Oh, and here’s me “knowingly obstructing the highway…” …you sheep’s clunge…

■■■■■■ up parking. :grimacing: did you have a shandy? :laughing: P1shed up.

Steady on chaps…the car driver did the right thing, deal directly with the company, rather than through insurance, pointed out the driver didnt have a lot of choice, i think he handled the situation superbly, and if the iceland driver had a bit of sense, he would have probably had his eyes on his mirrors, and knew he had hit something, but just drove off…by the way, to buy and have fitted a new mirror, is not cheap…and to claim through his own insurance would leave him out of pocket due to the excess.

If he’s hot your mirror coming towards you wouldn’t the mirror be pushed the opposite way it shows on the pic?

Shandy123:
…you sheep’s clunge…

:laughing:
The insults get better on here all the time

New mirror from manufacturer £100, what’s your insurance excess?

The-Snowman:

Shandy123:
…you sheep’s clunge…

:laughing:
The insults get better on here all the time

New one for me,I had to Google it :confused:

urbandictionary.com/define.p … nge&page=3

Lucky 'ole Tyrone :laughing: :laughing:

Maybe get down to Cooper bridge scrappers get a mirror and sort that taped up driver window while yer at it :laughing: