Anyone got a footpump?

I have a feeling this TDW driver might be needing one :laughing:

southwales-eveningpost.co.uk … story.html

I think he may have been on Euro work too long, those pesky UK only trailers are a wee bit higher :wink:

Oh and the reason it’s not marked for anyone wondering is because there are two bridges together, he had come under the first of the two so the bridges are both marked as 15’ on the outer approach, those images were inside or in between the two bridges, hence no marker visable.

Outer view (what this driver saw as he approached)

Who gets the blame there the driver or the local council he fitted under the first one just asking.

Colin_scottish:
Who gets the blame there the driver or the local council he fitted under the first one just asking.

The driver, the trailer’s over 15 feet high.

yourhavingalarf:

Colin_scottish:

The driver, the trailer’s over 15 feet high.

As reef says the bridge is side by side so he hits the second one but fitted under the first one.

The trailer is over 15 feet.

It’s an irrelevance that it’s cleared the first bridge. The sign is mandatory, the trailer breaks the 15 foot rule…drivers fault.

No he hit the first one, let me try to explain better…

Arrow A is the direction the truck was heading
Arrow B is the position of the photographer
red dots = height markers
thin lines = badly drawn bridges :blush:

Foot pump not required. Due to the Maritime connection there will be oodles of hot air available.

Yeh, what Reef said…

Cracking map graphics there… :smiley:

I’m secretly applying to the TN-CSI as a graphical representation officer :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

Lovely drawing. :smiley:

Ok i was my poor understanding and not paying full attention my fault.

Unless he had a delivery on the other side of the bridge (there is a building or plumbing merchants there), he’s also past a weight limit sign. The weight limit is there to stop HGV’s using the narrow road through the Hafod as a shortcut to Camarthen road. He probably thought he save a lot of time and bother by not going the long way round down to Fabian Way and back up New Cut Road.

Perhaps he was on his way to ATS because the tyre pressure was low on all his trailer tyres, wait, ■■■■, that’s some fine pre-emptive driving there! :open_mouth:

(circled furthest bridge was the one that was hit)

But yes you are right nodding donkey it is indeed a 7.5t MGW (except for access) road, and it is a known cut through/rat run to Carmarthen rd, I’m assuming he must’ve had a reason to be there though as the Police attended and I’m sure they’d have asked what the hell was he doing there in the first place.

Sign just a couple of hundred yards before the bridge on the Roundabout off of A4217 dual carriageway (arrow points direction of bridge and also direction driver took)

Agency :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I was always under the impression that with twin bridges the height sign relates to the lowest point of either

Colin_scottish:
Ok i was my poor understanding and not paying full attention my fault.

like the driver?

I’ll get me coat !

peirre:
I was always under the impression that with twin bridges the height sign relates to the lowest point of either

It does. He’s hit the lower bridge.

the nodding donkey:

peirre:

It does. He’s hit the lower bridge.

So what is the height of the first bridge, you know the bridge he didn’t hit?

tommymanc:
So what is the height of the first bridge, you know the bridge he didn’t hit?

You’re kidding right?