Anyone fitted a side pipe to a fh that uses adblue

has anyone fitted a side pipe exhaust to their volvo fh using ad blue? im waiting on some pictures from someone thats had one fitted by truckmax as i want to get one made thats not going to cost me over 2 grand,i basically just want to see whats been done so i can get one made up

cheers mike

You need what’s called a butterfly valve. It sits after the turbo, Then links to the sidepipes and standard exhaust, You then switch between the two from inside the cab.
It’s quite straight forward. But legally it’s just for show as it bypasses the scr/adblue stuff.

The adblue ones still have to put 25% of the exhaust flow into the silencer to keep the computer happy.

Cold Up North:
The adblue ones still have to put 25% of the exhaust flow into the silencer to keep the computer happy.

IIRC, with the Truckmax system, it does about 5% to the normal silencer, and it keeps the computer happy

It must be that then, i read it from their site.

So how would you get it to just send 5% that’s the bit I’m after…

And where would I get a butterfly/diverted valve from?

Cheers

Ring Chris Hopton at Tyretracks.co.uk
£260 ish plus vat

Ps, I think they do blow an amount through anyway, but he will tell you right!

I think i would spend a few hundred quid getting the engine top end set up, then a full re map and get the add blue switched off all together
the truck will go better and cost less to run, side/bling pipes wont do owt but increase noise levels!
my priorities have always been to get from a to b and back again as fast,safely and as cheaply as possible that way i have more money in my pocket at the end of the month

Top end engine work as in what…is there anyone in the Felixstowe b’ham or north ants area that do these side pipe conversion type things

Coles customs at Banbury
Truckmaxx (Bury St Edmonds??)

I think it’s over 2.5k for truckmax to do it mate that’s why I was looking for the info on it so I can try and get it for about 2k less :smiley: :smiley:

#scotty#:
Top end engine work as in what…is there anyone in the Felixstowe b’ham or north ants area that do these side pipe conversion type things

the top end set up is basically getting the valves reset and timing checked