Anyone familiar with the Delphi DS150e on Daf's

Hi Guys,
I operate a couple of Daf prime movers and am tired of paying the local Daf dealers to plug their Davie unit in every time I want to find the source of an engine warning light/alarm. Both of my units are over 10 years old & well over a million km’s each so as you can imagine I get them fairly regularly. I have never heard of anyone here in Australia being able to use anything else than the Davie units at the Daf dealership to look at data & fault codes but I have read a few comments here on the forum regarding Delphi units being used on the DAF trucks. Can anyone tell me much about them? Are you able to look at driveline & body data or can you really just use them to identify fault codes? I’m keen to get one as there are not too many mechanics/technicians around here that are very good at navigating the Davie program as the DAF product is no where near as popular here as it is in the UK.
Thanks,
Aussie Jim

at my previous employment we used a device supplied by this lot jaltest.com/en/truck-diagnostics/
never had any problems using it on our dafs

a local mechanic that i use has the TEXA diagnostic equipment

although it reads fault codes, it is nowhere near as good as DAVIE from DAF

i had an ASR fault showing on a truck (the truck didn’t have ASR fitted), which TEXA came up with fault codes for, changed quite a few parts on the truck, still had the ASR fault showing

after a PM conversation with one of the DAF technicians on here, he told me what was needed to be done

took it to the local DAF dealer, and asked them to do what i was told, fault cured

TEXA could not do that

there are, of course, a few things to remember…

the diagnostic equipment, whichever you choose, is only as good as the person operating it

and…

even DAVIE will not find everything :wink:

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info, I will have a closer look at those & do some comparisons on hardware/software costs & capabilities.

Shuttlespanker, I hear what you say about the data being only as good as the operator. I am certainly no fully qualified technician with factory training but I have been “playing” with the Daf product for about 12 years now & do most of my own maintenance. Because Daf is a PACCAR brand, all of the Daf dealers over here are “primarily” Kenworth dealers (& I say primarily because of the difference in popularity between the 2 brands). There is a vast difference in the service experience when I go to my local dealers with a Kenworth compared to taking a Daf, there are of course exceptions but I am getting tired of dealing with the new apprentice who had the Davie unit shoved in his hands because no-one else wanted to deal with it. As I mentioned before, both of my Daf units are getting on a bit & the frequency of faults/alarms is steadily increasing as the wiring looms get more brittle & sensors pass there use by date.

Thanks again guys, any other thoughts or opinions will be appreciated.

Aussie Jim