Anyone Else Working Bank Holiday?

It’s double time Sunday and Monday so you might just find I get 2 14’s in. Anyone else working this weekend? I’m starting piano lessons so I want to buy myself a keyboard :wink: .

Yep I’m working this weekend & every weekend & all bank holidays except Good Friday as I dont work Fridays. Deliver Didcot & then to Stratford for my return load.

Bank holiday - what’s that? :cry:

Yep I’ll be working it though for a change I won’t be working Sunday this week and that is only because over the water a lot of countries are also on holiday on Monday, which doesn’t usually happen.

Mind you my first drop is in Holland and they aren’t on holiday but I’m not shipping to do one drop and then sit around killing time until Tuesday morning. I’ll do the Dutch one first thing Tuesday morning and give them some old ■■■■ and bull story as to why it wasn’t there on Monday instead. :wink: :smiley: :sunglasses:

Lostpup:
Bank holiday - what’s that? :cry:

It’s a holiday the banks have. I’d love to be a banker - having said that some people think I’m a complete banker :smiley: . I’m off to bed shortly. 3am start tomorrow :unamused: .

i’m off every bank holiday.it’s great eh :laughing:

yes im working :laughing:
do i take double time plus a day in lieu or single time plus 2 lieu days or just go for treble time :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
jon

i`m off to work in 5 minutes :cry: :cry: … alferton-tebay changeover-back to alfreton tonight… boo hoo i dont want to go :cry: :cry:

Someone has to so it may as well be me :confused: :wink:

Yep!, I’m working, it’s a bank holiday over here too, 'cept they don’t call holidays Bank Holiday, it’s just called a public holiday. Monday is Memorial Day here in the USA. To make matters worse it’s also my Birthday on Monday…but I still need to work…gotta pay this Volvo off so I can afford a brand new one when they launch the 16 litre 610 BHP over here for the 2007 model year :smiley:

im not working its the first one ive had off in 5 years so im gonna enjoy it come rain or shine :sunglasses: :laughing:

I should have been the agency phoned me towork Sun and Mon but i got family over so i knocked it back.

2x 10 hour shifts @ £18 an hour = £360 - MrBrown`s cut.

Oh God i must bloodylove my family!!!/…

They are still looking as far as i am aware the job is in Newark/Grantham if anyone wants it i can give you info.

I’ll be in Monday, full load to Wakefield then another load for Plymouth for Tuesday morning. :smiley:

Double time and a day in lieu - couldn’t believe it :open_mouth:

Getting paid no but there is a truck outside that I am driving as a favour but before you have an egg, it’s tacho exempt! Yes I know I need a social life. :laughing:

Bank holidays :astonished: I thought there was only one (Xmas day), at least that is what my company has us believing . And they are so genorous with the wages …basic pay ,no overtime.

■■■■ those drivers’ hours regs…
I’ve just had to turn down a £15/hr job because I’ve already worked 6 days this week (even though 5 of those were 7 hours each in an office job)…

Iceland Deeside and Big Apple Droitwich tomorrow with bananas.

0400 swindon with plants midnight start

MrFlibble:
■■■■ those drivers’ hours regs…
I’ve just had to turn down a £15/hr job because I’ve already worked 6 days this week (even though 5 of those were 7 hours each in an office job)…

I hear you on that, I’ve just figured up my hours for the week and despite some very ‘creative’ logging in my log book, I’ve still run out of hours!, been at it most of the weekend, just got back home, I don’t pick up enough hours to run again till midnight tomorrow, so I guess I won’t be working tomorrow after all. It’s nice to have a day off even on my birthday, but I’d rather keep on working, I still had 3 more round trips to make that are paying me $250 a pop, 3 hours to complete each trip 70 miles each way (country roads), ■■■■! now I’m really ■■■■■■ off :angry:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLIFF :laughing: :laughing: :wink: