Anyone else remember the ‘Captain of Industry’?

Just popped into my head last night for some unknown reason but does anyone remember the pompous fool who used to post claiming he used to be a high level captain of industry and is driving trucks as a hobby or way to pass the time? The one who makes Winseer look sane;) Please tell me someone remembers and it isn’t just all in my head! If so what was his username? I want to have a laugh at his posts if still around.

Have a great weekend all.

Chester seems to spring to mind. If not him then someone with a suspiciously similar posting style.

the maoster:
Chester seems to spring to mind. If not him then someone with a suspiciously similar posting style.

who was the fridge engineer ?

Sent from my HP Chromebook 11 G5 using Tapatalk

Carryfast ? :smiley:

He’s a captain of everything! :grimacing:

switchlogic:
Please tell me someone remembers and it isn’t just all in my head! If so what was his username?.

Uktramp?

The-Snowman:

switchlogic:
Please tell me someone remembers and it isn’t just all in my head! If so what was his username?.

Uktramp?

He’ll be along shortly, using a cunning disguise, dressed as turnip, or a different name.

jingle jon ?

Mind you, for a laugh I suggest revisiting the posts of Dipper Dave.
He is intentionally humourous.

Possibly what you remember

Wheel Nut:

Possibly what you remember

Unlikely as that was actually me at the time! I see it up to take the ■■■■ but lost interest. Though not signed in for a good while

UKtramp was the fridge engineer.

Dozy

“Jingle Jon wrote:
I own three companies and I’m exceeding well off.
I take several holidays a year, live in a rather large house and have several cars.”

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=152136&hilit=jingle+jon&start=60

Franglais:
“Jingle Jon wrote:
I own three companies and I’m exceeding well off.
I take several holidays a year, live in a rather large house and have several cars.”

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=152136&hilit=jingle+jon&start=60

Yeh…Jingle John, that name rings a bell, (see what I did there :smiley: :blush: )
It’s all coming back to me, I’m fairly sure he was among my top 5 fans on here :smiley: , think it was him who said I was an abused child . :laughing: :laughing: .

Reading that post means he’s certainly the front runner!

Weirdly that Jingle Jon post got my memory working and it wasn’t him…IT WAS CHAS! I imagine that like many will go ‘oh yeah’ at that name. I even get a name check in this post, I did always enjoy goading the pompous :slight_smile:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=107430&hilit=Captain+of+industry&start=60

Don’t remember him.
When you said ‘Captain of industry’ I thought you meant it as a joke, I didn’t actually think a bloke who drives a truck would have such illusions of grandeur as to label himself as such. :open_mouth: :laughing: …I thought old UKt with his fridges was the limit. : :smiley:
Yep, there are definitely a mixture of strange and curious individuals on this forum, one of the reasons I like it. :smiley:

No that’s what made him so memorable, he was deadly serious! Plus he liked claiming I had a sock puppet army. Which is why I set up a CaptainOfIndustry profile but I think he just drifted away after that. No doubt nor a part time consultant and living on his own Caribbean island

Something I did find whilst looking for that Screenshot was the amount of members who have never posted a thing. I looked through 80 pages of members beginning with J whilst searching for Jiggle it Jeff and most of them have zero posts.

some of us have few more posts, some sadly departed members have more posts than many regulars.

Yes I thought that too Wheel Nut. Also got a bit sad seeing some departed members posts, Big Vern a very notable recent passing. Though I’m sure wherever he may be he’ll be happy knowing he lives on in TruckNet posts, the best any of us can hope for * :slight_smile:

Having interacted with him a few times if roles were reversed he’d be the first to take the ■■■■ out of me and that thought makes me happy as I imagine him thinking I do him did. Or more likely thinks I’m just the [zb]ing moron he always knew I was

Knowing Big Vern I suspect it’s the latter!