Anyone Else Noticed

The new Job forum

commercialmotorjobs.com/sear … ds=drivers

Very good. I like it.

A point to note. This is the kind of deceit I can’t abide.

commercialmotorjobs.com/job/ … and-grays/

Salary £92.46 gross per shift is the advertised rate. But later in the ad . . .

You will be working 3-6 shifts per week. Pay rate via umbrella company: £87.46 gross per shift up to 3 shifts/ week, any additional shift above 3 will be paid at the rate of £92.46 gross per shift.[/i]
In order to make the CM Jobs site respectable this kind of underhandedness needs weeding out.
Stan

Noticed it now, it’s become what any other job search on the internet is, pages and pages of Agency non existent jobs, might as well not have it I can do a search on Google and get those results. :frowning:
The forums job section started off as a place where you got a few genuine jobs put in by drivers or small companies. A bit of mutual help for those on here, sadly I believe it was hijacked by agencies. :imp:

I noticed it earlier. I think it’s crap.

Don’t fix what isn’t broken.

Also agencies should be banned from posting on there. It should be actual companies offering actually contracts.

Heard on the radio that the job centre was concerned due to their been 2000 vacancies online yet the highest unemployment rate in England. Well 1950 of them posts will have been agencies.

Have you browsed the Jobcentre website today?

A new system has gone ‘live’ . . . . !

Only a bureaucrat could dream it up.

Chas:
Have you browsed the Jobcentre website today?

A new system has gone ‘live’ . . . . !

Only a bureaucrat could dream it up.

At least the site shows you who advertised, before you click and see it’s a poxy agency!

Just looked at the site after viewing this post. Did a search in my area, company states “Eddie Stobart” followed by contact details for Brian Smith of Q.S. Recruitment in Nottingham.

The whole directgov system should be over-hauled to exclude agencies, with maybe a sub-section for them. I briefly worked for Q.S. Recruitment in Nottingham about eighteen months ago and they routinely advertised jobs that did not exist in order to fill their books with drivers. This should be outlawed as it is the tax-payers basically paying for their advertising.

muckles:
Noticed it now, it’s become what any other job search on the internet is, pages and pages of Agency non existent jobs, might as well not have it I can do a search on Google and get those results. :frowning:
The forums job section started off as a place where you got a few genuine jobs put in by drivers or small companies. A bit of mutual help for those on here, sadly I believe it was hijacked by agencies. :imp:

Think it was hijacked by agency which spoilt it tbh

I did notice an agency not ling ago & yep reported it

Agencies are a bunch of ■■■■■■■■■

All this advertising jobs that don’t exist should be outlawed. Each job advertised that doesn’t exist should cost them 5k…and ban them from trading for twelve months.

They are just protecting their interests with no thought for the drivers, without whom, they’d be in the gutter where most of them belong.

Judehamish:
Just looked at the site after viewing this post. Did a search in my area, company states “Eddie Stobart” followed by contact details for Brian Smith of Q.S. Recruitment in Nottingham.

The whole directgov system should be over-hauled to exclude agencies, with maybe a sub-section for them. I briefly worked for Q.S. Recruitment in Nottingham about eighteen months ago and they routinely advertised jobs that did not exist in order to fill their books with drivers. This should be outlawed as it is the tax-payers basically paying for their advertising.

Brian Smith@ qs recruitment, he promised me 8.50ph for a shift@ Warburton’s earlier this year then paid me a quid an hour less, his reason why was 8.50 was for umbrella registered driver’s, I got my money by making a lot of calls to his management but it was last shift I did for them

They did the same to me last year. Told me Warburtons was £8.00 per hour, week after when I got paid I was only paid £7.00 per hour. Terrible agency, almost as bad as Drivers Direct.

Truckulent:
Agencies are a bunch of [zb].

All this advertising jobs that don’t exist should be outlawed. Each job advertised that doesn’t exist should cost them 5k…and ban them from trading for twelve months.

Won’t happen though because it’s mutual back scratching. The agencies get a free database of drivers and the Government get the opportunity to blame the unemployed for being feckless workshy scroungers, pointing out that there are plenty of unfilled vacancies out there.

Judehamish:
They did the same to me last year. Told me Warburtons was £8.00 per hour, week after when I got paid I was only paid £7.00 per hour. Terrible agency, almost as bad as Drivers Direct.

been with qs for 11 months…no probs.warbys pay ot after 8 hours…

wed 8 @ £9
2 @ £12
2.25@ £13

thu 8@ £9
.75@£12

fri 8@ £9
1@£12
2.5@ £13

averages about £10 an hour.brian is a shrewd cookie…but if you can do the job,and get a good name with his clients…he`ll see you right

Q: Is wealth the only thing that seperates the Plebs from the Aristocrat?

A: No, Aristocrats have access to accurate information. Plebs do not.

Beware those who deny you access to information - for they dream of being your master.”
Niccolò Machiavelli

I saw an actual job advertised today - only the 4th actual job I’ve seen in my area this year.
Butlers, Detling. Probably long gone by now though. :confused:

commonrail:
wed 8 @ £9
2 @ £12
2.25@ £13

thu 8@ £9
.75@£12

fri 8@ £9
1@£12
2.5@ £13

averages about £10 an hour.brian is a shrewd cookie…but if you can do the job,and get a good name with his clients…he`ll see you right

I work for best connection now @11ph for 48 hrs then time and a quarter after, and since April been on same job without having to tax dodge with umbrella companies, Brian Smith wasn’t that shrewd to try ripping me off

It annoys me that agencies can swamp the listings with non existant jobs.

QS often post as many as 10 a day on Jobcentre, yet when you talk to drivers registered there many are on 2 or 3 day weeks. They’re also listing jobs as permanent when they’re nothing of the sort.

It annoys me 'cos people might base their decision on paying out £1000’s to become LGV drivers thinking there’s loads of work out there.

Harry Monk:

Truckulent:
Agencies are a bunch of [zb].

Won’t happen though because it’s mutual back scratching. The agencies get a free database of drivers and the Government get the opportunity to blame the unemployed for being feckless workshy scroungers, pointing out that there are plenty of unfilled vacancies out there.

I agree and no doubt it makes some civil servant job easy when they have to reach their targets of jobs advertised in the jobs centre.

Chas:
It annoys me that agencies can swamp the listings with non existant jobs.

QS often post as many as 10 a day on Jobcentre, yet when you talk to drivers registered there many are on 2 or 3 day weeks. They’re also listing jobs as permanent when they’re nothing of the sort.

It annoys me 'cos people might base their decision on paying out £1000’s to become LGV drivers thinking there’s loads of work out there.

This has been said many time in the Newbies forum

This was also said on Steve Wright show not that long ago ( train to be an HGV driver as there is a shortage of drivers :unamused: )

Whirlwind:
[
I work for best connection now @11ph for 48 hrs then time and a quarter after, and since April been on same job without having to tax dodge with umbrella companies, Brian Smith wasn’t that shrewd to try ripping me off

there you go then…you`ve proved my point,you can make it work on agency.

btw…thanx for the heads up,you seem to be on a good crack at best connection. :sunglasses: