Anyone else have Problems?

dar1976:

Jennie:
HI Mate

Prev posts right just gotta have broad shoulders and not take knockbacks personally , what area u in someone on here might know of agency or company that may give you a shot

good luck on the job search

Jen x

Are you still on with dbc?

Any luck finding CE work?

Hey dar
Yes still on for dbc was out this week trunk Newmarket was gonna have a word with the Tm when I went in last week but he was off so went into see my mate at agency and had a word with her she’s gonna ask next week for me as they sometimes do a trunk to Cardiff on a sun 1500 start so would be nice and quiet on roads for me to cut my teeth so to say , most of artic work is into London and I really wanna get some miles under my belt before even attempting there :open_mouth: so next time Cardiff comes up for agency driver she will ask if I can do it , I’m lucky they do like me there as I get on with everyone and always ask for me first even calling me direct sometimes so would be the best chance I’ll get I think so fingers crossed , but next week I’m off skiing for me hols need some time off after all the stress before Christmas and new year :wink:
Might cut me teeth ice road trucking wadda ya think eh :laughing:
Anyhow first run I get will defo post how’s about you any luck ?

Jenx

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Even 7.5t and Class 2 has dropped off the face of the planet… well Somerset anyway.

Hoping I can get something soon… Just twiddling my thumbs at home. Hoping this DHL assessment comes up trumps although not got a date yet.

Have been knocking on doors over the weekend. Will be back out on Monday.

Just want to believe that all the work for getting my CE Ticket wasn’t for nothing.

It’s good you still have work and hoping that your TM gives you something soon. Cardiff run would definitely be better than going in at the deep end.

Enjoy the ski-ing x

dar1976:
Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Even 7.5t and Class 2 has dropped off the face of the planet… well Somerset anyway.

Hoping I can get something soon… Just twiddling my thumbs at home. Hoping this DHL assessment comes up trumps although not got a date yet.

Have been knocking on doors over the weekend. Will be back out on Monday.

Just want to believe that all the work for getting my CE Ticket wasn’t for nothing.

It’s good you still have work and hoping that your TM gives you something soon. Cardiff run would definitely be better than going in at the deep end.

Enjoy the ski-ing x

always is quiet in Jan mate , but stick in there you get somat soon ,

good luck with the dhl assesment and there was us thinking we would not have to go through anymore test eh :wink:

hope you get a date soon

Jen x
oh an i will :laughing:

dar1976:

No, it wasn’t. It might be two or three years until the economy turns round but when it does, you’ll earn that money back every fortnight.

Its dead in glasgow area to bud your not alone. Even class 1 is scarce but thats the nature of this buisness

Before joining this fantastic site, I had this deluded perception that people will always want goods delivering all year round as there is always a demand for goods and they have to be delivered by road. That should have guaranteed drivers a constant supply of work.

Since joining and reading some very informative posts, I saw the bigger picture but still went and got my tickets because it’s a means to an end. It will be on my licence forever (subject to medicals) and I will always have it as a skill.

Whilst thinking about this I was wondering.

Is there a career that is guaranteed to have 24/7 365 work without peaks and troughs?

Rent boy is not my thing as I don’t have the good looks. :smiling_imp:

But seriously… What is the optimal career choice?

dar1976:
Before joining this fantastic site, I had this deluded perception that people will always want goods delivering all year round as there is always a demand for goods and they have to be delivered by road. That should have guaranteed drivers a constant supply of work.

Since joining and reading some very informative posts, I saw the bigger picture but still went and got my tickets because it’s a means to an end. It will be on my licence forever (subject to medicals) and I will always have it as a skill.

Is there a career that is guaranteed to have 24/7 365 work without peaks and troughs?

Waste and recycling industry will always grow from now on,not the most glamorous job in the world but they tend to pay well,i went for a job interview last year for a class 2 front end loader bin wagon, up to 35 industrial bins a day 5am start done for 1pm job and knock £9.50 ph mon-fri alas i didn’t get it, aside from that the local undertaker is never out of work suicides on the up apparently.

And on that cheery note, bailiffs and job centre staff must be busy too.

dar1976:

Undertaker/MP/Banker/footballer/football pundit/prostitute/any director of any large company/… :stuck_out_tongue:

wow i done my class 2 last year then didnt bother following it up as im a brickie by trade but want to drive for a living and i have just done my cpc course.Im looking to do class one maybe in the next month but its a good chunck off money now im thinking would it be a waste.The building trade is in the same state probly worse and ive been a brickie for the past 13 years but the weathers always crap and its hard work.So i made the choice of training as an hgv driver with the hype of driver shortage thrown at you all the time which you all know is bs job shortage more like now im pondering which way to go nightmare :open_mouth: