Anyone else getting this stupid pop up when using this forum

On my iPhone and iPad when I try and navigate round this forum the page keeps jumping to something telling me I can download a free app. It then proceeds to automatically take me to the apple App Store and I have to close the browser down and start over again to get back to the forum. Goes through that 2 or 3 times before it lets me load up the page that I want.

Moderators…any idea? Has some advertisement company got hold of the site?!

Are you using the site with Safari? Maybe try a different browser or Tapatalk (small fee but worth it IMO)

i use safari and have nothing.

Talk about stupid pop-ups… ^^

Whats the name of the app it says you can download - Tapatalk forum reader?

Tapatalk used to appear at the top of the forum but seems to have vanished, although might be because I installed it then removed soon afterwards on my phone. On android it didnt get too much in the way, but every browser handles it differently. Could try installing then removing and see if it vanishes.

It jumps to a site called either “adnautic.xyz” or “adsfoundation.xyz” and then the pop up comes up saying I can get a free app, then it automatically jumps to Apple App Store. It’s only on this forum where it happens!

the nodding donkey:

Thank you please
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

the nodding donkey:

:laughing: :laughing:

Rowley010:
It jumps to a site called either “adnautic.xyz” or “adsfoundation.xyz” and then the pop up comes up saying I can get a free app, then it automatically jumps to Apple App Store. It’s only on this forum where it happens!

I had this a while ago. Update to the latest iOS and get adblock.

The only pop ups you should get on here is notifications of a PM, and if using a mobile a suggestion to use the tapatalk app… We don’t have any other script installed that would give a pop up.
We did have an issue with an Expedia advert that’ was causing a “Close this page” error pop up in IE10, but we have blocked that advert from appearing

Experience has shown that when this has happened in the past the majority of the time the user has picked up some malware onto their PC… Strongly suggest you do a scan for malware ( some anti virus programmes dont catch malware)However just in case it is a rogue advert can you see if there is a advert that appears everytime this happens?

Rikki-UK:

The only pop ups you should get on here is notifications of a PM, and if using a mobile a suggestion to use the tapatalk app… We don’t have any other script installed that would give a pop up.
We did have an issue with an Expedia advert that’ was causing a “Close this page” error pop up in IE10, but we have blocked that advert from appearing

Experience has shown that when this has happened in the past the majority of the time the user has picked up some malware onto their PC… Strongly suggest you do a scan for malware ( some anti virus programmes dont catch malware)However just in case it is a rogue advert can you see if there is a advert that appears everytime this happens?

It was happening yesterday to me on my iPad too Ricki . Yet not at all on any other site.

Get Chrome and put adblock on it to strip out what it says on the tin. I get the occasional banner saying “Please turn off your adblocker - it affects site functionality.”

Boohoo!

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: