Anyone else at the NEC Monday

Hi guys

I’ve got to be at Carpark N12 at the NEC for 8:00am Monday, delivering to Hall 5.

Anyone done this type of work before or know how long I could be there for?

Cheers

Will

I did a show there, the security may park you up in a holding area, until it is your time or allocated slot to come in and do what you have to do, hope they supply a contact number to ring the customer or contact inside, in case they keep waiting, there is a Weatherspoons for a meal or a coffee and many other food outlets once you are “in”.

once did a pack away from there.
all park up in the car parks…then they`ll shout you in, in turn.vans…rigids,then artics.be prepared to wait.

commonrail:
once did a pack away from there.
all park up in the car parks…then they`ll shout you in, in turn.vans…rigids,then artics.be prepared to wait.

Thanks for that CR :sunglasses:

Do you know if they charge for parking, or take a deposit or something?

Do you get a set time to tip?

take sanwiches and something to read

Make sure that you know the stand and hall number.

Make sure you have at least one mobile phone contact number for the exhibitor. If you need a FLT then make sure you have the contact for the FLT company. All the FLTs have long forks - so one side only. The FLT drivers earn four times what you do so just let them get on with it.

You will be asked to pay a deposit and a charge to go in. This is designed to make sure that people don’t hang around all day. Make sure you have some cash.

When you get to the NEC follow the signs to the car park waiting area and report to the portacabin. Then phone the customer and tell them you are there and ask then which door they want you to deliver to. When you get sent in, follow the signs to the gate, show your pass, and ask for directions - it is a pretty big site. When you get to hall 5, look at the doors for the numbers. It will be a bit of a scrum so you just have to do the best you can. You may drive into the hall or be stuck outside. If you go in then think about how you will get out after loads of other trucks arrive after you. When you get there - phone the customer or FLT company and tell them.

Keep a sharp look out for reversing trucks, cars and vans everywhere and dopey pedestrians with phones glued to their ears. The security guys are (mostly) helpful.

Allow most of the morning.

Santa:
Make sure that you know the stand and hall number.

Make sure you have at least one mobile phone contact number for the exhibitor. If you need a FLT then make sure you have the contact for the FLT company. All the FLTs have long forks - so one side only. The FLT drivers earn four times what you do so just let them get on with it.

You will be asked to pay a deposit and a charge to go in. This is designed to make sure that people don’t hang around all day. Make sure you have some cash.

When you get to the NEC follow the signs to the car park waiting area and report to the portacabin. Then phone the customer and tell them you are there and ask then which door they want you to deliver to. When you get sent in, follow the signs to the gate, show your pass, and ask for directions - it is a pretty big site. When you get to hall 5, look at the doors for the numbers. It will be a bit of a scrum so you just have to do the best you can. You may drive into the hall or be stuck outside. If you go in then think about how you will get out after loads of other trucks arrive after you. When you get there - phone the customer or FLT company and tell them.

Keep a sharp look out for reversing trucks, cars and vans everywhere and dopey pedestrians with phones glued to their ears. The security guys are (mostly) helpful.

Allow most of the morning.

Excellent, thanks Santa!

I’ve been given Hall 5, door/stand 20.1 so I hope I can find the right place :confused:

All the doors are marked well. You can’t really miss your load point. :sunglasses: