Anyone Driven for DHL express?

I’ve just started a Courier job with them, seem a nice bunch, easy work.

Biggest bonus is they’ve said they’d be more than happy to give me some experience in their 17 tonners when i pass! :wink:

At the moment i’m just doing a few parcel deliveries then the daily Trunk to the Maidstone depot in a Sprinter. They unload it when i get there and the forkie lobs a pallet or two on for the return trip.

They pay me 10p an hour more than Tesco did for home deliveries and there’s hardly any heavy lifting at all! They dont have any petty rules, like which door youre allowed to enter the building through. Best quote i got from the boss was “you can have as many breaks as you like so long as the job gets done”

From what i can tell they replace their vans at 3 years and 7.5t upwards every 5. The Vans are clean inside and out. They have the odd dent, but nothing major and mechanicaly, lights & tyres they seem spot on. The bigger wagons all look mint.

Just wondered if anyone had driven the Night trunks for them? depot to hub and all that, just a case of taking it up there and swapping the demountable.

I worked for DHL at trafford park a couple of shifts, Did multi drop class 2.

Truck was a MAN day cab (described well by someone else as the ‘ford fiesta’ of trucks)!! Curtainsider!

The job involved Dropping pallets of at various locations.
E.G. Tescos, travis perkins, small industrail units and big ones!

I did 8 drops and two collections, all in all easy peesie!

The regular drivers I belive get more drops but they seemed a far company to work for and never run bent!

There was someone that did more work for them on here somewhere at trafford park but I can’t remember who it was!!

same sort here few night trunks to morley(Leeds) and lots of multi day work maybe 10-12 drops maybe 5-6 withing 2mile and the odd hand ball + a couple of collections i would say not a bad company to work for really except i think the full time guys start at 7am and have to tip the trunk and load there own

I’ve done a few trunk shifts with them from Hove to Hatfield swopping boxes. Good number start at 6 PM and I’m home by 1 AM - paid for 8 hours. :wink:

tallow:
I’ve done a few trunk shifts with them from Hove to Hatfield swopping boxes. Good number start at 6 PM and I’m home by 1 AM - paid for 8 hours. :wink:

Well this is all assuming i pass! But that’s pretty much what i’d be doing for them. From what i’ve seen the box swaps there’s no manhandling involed, it’s all done for you.

Avoid the canteen. It’s like a Congolese railway carriage :laughing: :laughing:

Truck was a MAN day cab (described well by someone else as the ‘ford fiesta’ of trucks)!! Curtainsider

Had a look in the cab of one today, and i think i know what you mean. They’re quite plain/basic inside. But then the be fair So are all VW’s Comfortable, well built, solid but always plain. (as MAN is part of Volkswagen Audi Group, BTW)

Should be a good starting point though, a good way to gain experience?