Anyone drive for Mulgrew?

Hello! I have been trying to find out what it’s like to work for Mulgrew preferably from a current employee? Are they flexible? Look after their drivers? And of course the wages? I’d be new to Class 1 trying to decide if it’s worth changing from class2 agency work for which a relatively easy week earns me around £400 home. Thanks all

over here, i think they are still paid by the hour and are happy to have you do a decent days work. ( this is a decent legal day,and not a 8 hr tosco type agency day.
unlike the mushroom brigade and the usual hooligans,then they dont constantly advertise for drivers and they seem to keep drivers ok.

they use highish trailers so bring your brain to work with you,and its only you that can decide if you look cool in orange. :slight_smile:

Sidewaysforfun:
Hello! I have been trying to find out what it’s like to work for Mulgrew preferably from a current employee? Are they flexible? Look after their drivers? And of course the wages? I’d be new to Class 1 trying to decide if it’s worth changing from class2 agency work for which a relatively easy week earns me around £400 home. Thanks all

Be prepared to double your hours and no life but you will have more money than what you have now not much but more

Yes I realise I get it pretty easy at the agency but it’s not always guaranteed and sometimes I have to go to harder or dirtier work. Thinking Mulgrews 4 on 4 off would be a decent pattern with options to increase wage by doing nights out.

Not to mention not many are willing to start an inexperienced female class 1 lol so guess I gotta start somewhere!

dont bother with a cv or any of the millenial guff,just ring them up in northern ireland and tell them what you got.
that way itl be deal or no deal in 5 mins.
its not an interview with shirts and toes,they just will want a reasonable bum in a seat similar to the rest.

Sidewaysforfun:
Thinking Mulgrews 4 on 4 off would be a decent pattern with options to increase wage by doing nights out.

Did you mean…

Mulgrews 4 on and 4 on pattern?

yourhavingalarf:

Sidewaysforfun:
Thinking Mulgrews 4 on 4 off would be a decent pattern with options to increase wage by doing nights out.

Did you mean…

Mulgrews 4 on and 4 on pattern?

Yes they do days or nights or four on and four or a mix of all of it apparently

The 4on/4off not be much more than your on now and remember some 4on will be Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun then Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon following week!!!
Most of those Mulgrew men work 5on/3off for the 5th shift on OT rate to get wages up.

You sure they have vacancies ATM as most NI firms have waiting lists long as your arm@ present!!!

Did you get a start??

Been told dayshift are on £12hr which isn’t bad at all for local work about NI.