Anyone done this trunk run?

Newcastle/Gateshead to Telford Night Trunk on a Saturday night? Through Blue Arrow agency. Any tips or advice would be great. I’m guessing it’s a simple drive down drop and swap, break then the return leg. :neutral_face:

Thats some distance, might be double manned. Plus they’ve buggered up the A38 with all the roadworks going North.

Longest single shift trunk for me is 436 miles with 3 drops, a quick look on google maps shows that the route from Gateshead to Telford is a 426 mile round trip - so it’s just about doable in a single shift, it will very probably require using extended (10 hours) driving time though!

I didn’t do this after all. I instead went from Washington to Consett to pick up a load then down to Broughton near Chester. Unloaded and new load then back up to Washington. 384 mile round trip. It was first job with a agency and a great experience but I did need my 10 hours limit. With other work and waiting around it was a long day but enjoyable. A certain eye opener with those narrow lanes on the A1 and the heavy rain. :slight_smile:

Last minute changes are part and parcel of Agency work - Glad you enjoyed it! :smiley: