Anyone claimed DVLA compensation?

I know this is a bit of a long shot, but here goes…
Has anyone ever claimed compensation from the DVLA?

I’m involved in a long running battle with the Swansea Mafia. Fortunately at the end of last year they agreed with an independent report from the ICA on my case so that i could claim compensation due to the failings of the DVLA/DMG.
My claim went in January this year, and as of yet i am still waiting for them to make their first offer, (which I’m sure will be sub standard.)

Just wondering if anyone here had been in a similar position?

Hi, Good Luck with that one. A few years ago I had a very long running battle with them over a medical problem. Cut a long story short I won the case and they were due to pay me £13,000. But low and behold it never appeared. They want every wage slip, & P60 for the previous 3 years. To average it out. This I couldn’t supply because I worked for a German Heavy Haulage firm.
Anyway Good Luck and be prepared for a long haul a few years. Speak to your local M.P. and get him to chase it up as they have more power than you.
Regards Ben [Happy and retired and travelling all over in the Camper van]

chilistrucker:
I know this is a bit of a long shot, but here goes…
Has anyone ever claimed compensation from the DVLA?

I’m involved in a long running battle with the Swansea Mafia. Fortunately at the end of last year they agreed with an independent report from the ICA on my case so that i could claim compensation due to the failings of the DVLA/DMG.
My claim went in January this year, and as of yet i am still waiting for them to make their first offer, (which I’m sure will be sub standard.)

Just wondering if anyone here had been in a similar position?

Have you tried this one? DVLA is covered by them.

ombudsman.org.uk/making-com … ng-started

Thanks.

Yeah they wanted all of the wage slips and bank statements for the time period involved, so I sent them all of those as well as letters from previous employer proving I would have been in full time employment had the DMG not wrongfully revoked my licences.

The claims department say they are awaiting to here back from some treasury department now as they have to approve the DVLA’s proposed offer as it is over X amount of money. DVLA say it is in the final stages and then they will make an offer, hmmmmmm.

I’ll give it till the new year and then will contact my MP who was quite helpful previously.

I have been down the ombudsman route and it was thanks to their report, ‘Driven To Despair’ and their advice that I finally got things turned around and heading in the right direction. Then the excellent I.C.A got involved and it was their input and report on my case that really swung/won it for me getting the DVLA/DMG to admit being at fault.

Thanks both for the info