Anybody on here paid enough to drive this?

dailymail.co.uk/news/peoples … lames.html

He,s only done half a job, i would have had it parked up and pulled the pin to save the front half :laughing: :wink:

the guy did exactly the right thing in getting it out of the tunnel it was part of my training to do the same , i’m sure there will be somebody along to explain in more detail about the mont blanc tunnel tragedy were the driver stopped and the fire crews couldn’t reach him due to thick rancid smoke and many people died as a result

Driver has a brain cell.

Great piece of driving but Bewick would still have sacked him for the scruffy sheeting attempt. :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing:

scrotumscratcher:
the guy did exactly the right thing in getting it out of the tunnel it was part of my training to do the same , i’m sure there will be somebody along to explain in more detail about the mont blanc tunnel tragedy were the driver stopped and the fire crews couldn’t reach him due to thick rancid smoke and many people died as a result

No need to explain any further , i think you`ve about covered it .
RIP those who did not exit :cry:
Having been through there more times than i can remember and waved back at the cut-out man within the smog of poorly vented fansystem, i can understand why.

A few years ago I had a 14t excavator catch fire on the way to the yard, rather than stop immediately in the middle of the village I kept going for another mile or so to a place where it could be dealt with better or left to get worse without collateral damage. I didn’t end up with that inferno, but still had time to drop the trailer and get the unit to safety if it did go wrong. Three fire engines later, I hooked the trailer up and pulled it away, the excavator went to Volvo Duxford the next morning where it was dragged off and subsequently written off.

Think it’s just common sense, keep it going away from shops, schools, overhead cables etc whilst it OK to continue. I’d rather pull that fire along behind me out of the tunnel than stop and be trapped with it.

I thought we were all paid enough :grimacing: :grimacing:

I think it also looks better than alloys and Kelsa all over it