Anybody on here from Immingham/Killingholme

Just curious, but what happened at the Cross Keys pub at Killingholme. I used to park on there between 2000 and 2007 overnight ,while waiting for my trailer off the next morning ferry, a few motors got on there every night, especially with the truck stop being closed down at that time.
A couple called Alan and Jan had it, at first they let you park the full outfit on there, but half the pub park was built on so then it was units only. We had some bloody good nights in there, with some good meals, my little girl ( God, she’s 18 now :unamused: :smiley: ) used to come with me and Jan really made her welcome which was nice, there was a drawing behind the bar my little girl done for them.
They even planned to put showers and 24 hr toilets in for the drivers, but as far as I know it never materialised.
Came past it the other day, first time for about 6 years, and saw it was closed, just curious if any locals knew the story as to what went wrong.

Also what was the name of a local firm there, that ran yellow with blue stripe Volvos pulling Schnellecke trailers around the same time? I had a mate on there called Lee, anybody know where he is now?
Thanks in anticipation.

I run out of Immingham, it seems that there are a lot of places shutting down. The amount of places you can park is running low, the main drag as you come from the A180 is full of wagons. Its been made worse by ABP clamping down on people sleeping on the docks.

Radar19:
I run out of Immingham, it seems that there are a lot of places shutting down. The amount of places you can park is running low, the main drag as you come from the A180 is full of wagons. Its been made worse by ABP clamping down on people sleeping on the docks.

Is The County Hotel still open? I remember it opening for 5am free brekkie when the 04 World Cup was played in Japan (early kick offs due to time difference) a lot of the dockers got through about 6 pints on those mornings :laughing: , assumed they had just finished work, not just about to start.

Also on the dock was The Lock Inn, a ■■■■ hole of the highest degree :laughing: