Anybody know anything about this lot

transports-tsa.com/

im just thinking work wise money and all that.

Doesnt Wheelnut work for them??

If not im sure he can give you some info on them, as can maybe Spardo or KW.

Good luck and let us know what the craic is, money etc. :wink:

iirc he works for another french outfit

no malc works for transalliance at hilton derby.

ive got another one…

has anybody seen viamaster over the water.

have a look at their website.

viamaster.co.uk/international.php

I was told a year or so ago when talking to another driver ( can’t remember who ) that Viamaster weren’t actually “going over the water” themselves, but subbing it all away. I think some of it may have been to do with customers that they also do UK work for … ie covering ALL their work.
Don’t know about TSA … only that they used to be ALL Magnums, but seem to be switching to Daf 105’s. Used to have a depot @ Garforth, Leeds. Used to do a lot of BEER … mmmmm. from St Omer, to supermarket RDC’s think they had some link to brewery ? Used to see quite a few with “English” nameplates in the windscreen.

bullitt:
Doesnt Wheelnut work for them??

If not im sure he can give you some info on them, as can maybe Spardo or KW.

Good luck and let us know what the craic is, money etc. :wink:

I’ve been asked this before but all I can say is that I spent the evening with 2 of their English drivers in Chez Marie’s (J21 A20 between Chateauroux and Limoges) and they were well pleased with the work, money and the way they were treated. :slight_smile:

just an update that viamaster sub all thier work.

thanks for the info on tsa.

Why do all truck companies want experienced truck drivers. What if you’re new to trucking and have no experience. How are you supposed to get experience when you’re unable to get any experience? Ahh well.

Kevin Kevin
Imagine you are a transport manager with a fleet of 10 nice units worth about 50/100K each, that pull nice new tautliners or a fleet of rigids. and a spotty kid turns up wanting to drive one of them, would you let him? If you owned a fleet of prestige cars that took people from A to B, again would you let a 17 year old just turn up and drive one ? I think not !! You have to do what the majority of drivers, past and present have had to do . Ask around, make enquiries, work for an agency for a while to get the experience. It doesn’t get handed to you on a plate. You will get there, but you have to be patient

KevinKevin:
Why do all truck companies want experienced truck drivers. What if you’re new to trucking and have no experience. How are you supposed to get experience when you’re unable to get any experience? Ahh well.

Kevin, now you know what agencies are for…■■■■ it for 2 years, you will get messed around but you will get experience of driving a variety of vehicles and a variety of loads.

Use them as much as they will use you, think of it as a form of apprenticeship. Once you have that allusive 2-3 years experience behind you then you may find that a few more doors will open for you!! :wink:

Crawl-walk-run!!! :laughing: :laughing: Thats usualy the way of the world!! :wink: :laughing:

Well said, Bullit … exactly right

jessicas dad:

ive seen Viamaster regularly in holland and wasnt subbies pulling the trailers

scaniav8power:

jessicas dad:

aarrrgghh right i actually spoke to european traffic desk and they said its subbies only on the euro. :exclamation:

they must be telling me fibs :exclamation:

jessicas dad:

scaniav8power:

jessicas dad:

aarrrgghh right i actually spoke to european traffic desk and they said its subbies only on the euro. :exclamation:

maybe a busy period and doing some of the work themselves maybe then

jessicas dad:
http://www.transports-tsa.com/

forget them i spoke to them today and they have shut the uk office. :unamused:

jessicas dad:

jessicas dad:
http://www.transports-tsa.com/

forget them i spoke to them today and they have shut the uk office. :unamused:

That explains why when i rang the Uk number, i got a European dialling tone and some “French bint” answered then!!
:confused:

thats what ahppened to a very nice french chap answered and told they had shut leeds office.

KevinKevin:

Don’t tell them the truth then. :wink:

limeyphil:

KevinKevin:

Don’t tell them the truth then. :wink:

They’ll usually be feeding you a line about how good the benefits are, how wonderful the paycheque will be, and how much time you’ll get at home.
So why not return the favour? Ok, I’m waaay too honest to ever do this, I lie like a cheap rug, so I’d never get away with it, but YMMV.

scaniav8power:

jessicas dad:

scaniav8power:

jessicas dad:

maybe a busy period and doing some of the work themselves maybe then

Are you sure it wasn’t Van Bentjum (I think) similar colours i.e. orange. Viamaster International only do Spain and Italy and use a U.K . subbie with a couple of left hookers pulling Viamaster trailers, usually marked “Viamaster International” They pulled out doing it themselves in 2005 I think, as there was no money in it even then. They bought 5 Toplines 4 x 2 (40 tonners) specially for runs, but now use them on U.K. work only.