Anybody in Manchester interested?

swains.

they ■■■■■■ my company up.

No Thank you

not in Manchester anymore anyway!

That’s a rather snazzy advert, I could be tempted by that. But only if the lorry has light bars and an air horn.

I wonder how many hours you need to chuck at them for £700 per week ?

Their main depot is in Kent and their local reputation is that they work you up to the maximum legal hours, they run “bottom of the range” trucks which aren’t really suitable for week-long tramping and they do a large amount of flatbed work which would be far easier on the driver if it was carried in a curtainsider. Basically they seem to be a bit stuck in the 1950s.

bald bloke:

5 nights out in a CF for starters… :unamused:

the nodding donkey:

bald bloke:

■■■■ it if only i lived closer grrrrr.

the nodding donkey:

bald bloke:

Yes, “potential earnings in excess of £700 per week” means three fifteen-hour days, three thirteen-hour days and five nights out. Minus PAYE and NI of course so what they really mean is “Live live a slave and take home £530 a week”.

Ahm oot!

Mostly flat bed work with roping and sheeting and oversize loads, the trucks I see are old and worn out.

I can’t be arsed with these firms who advertise night out money as ‘‘earnings’’, they aint earnings, they are subsistence expenses.
They only do that to make their crap money look half decent.
If they feel the need to do that, then you automatically know that they range between run of the mill and ■■■■ poor. :bulb:

it’s based on amount of drops, collections, mileage, early starts and long days. flog it and get the right work(from the planner) you’ll do it.
swains not for me.

I’m tempted. It feels wrong that there is a local firm I haven’t worked for. :neutral_face:

eagerbeaver:
I’m tempted. It feels wrong that there is a local firm I haven’t been sacked from. :neutral_face:

FTFY :laughing:

eagerbeaver:
I’m tempted. It feels wrong that there is a local firm I haven’t worked for. :neutral_face:

The problem I’ve always had is that every local firm I work for seems to go bust three months’ later. :wink:

Harry Monk:

eagerbeaver:

The problem I’ve always had is that every local firm I work for seems to go bust three months’ later. :wink:

I’m not surprised, if you keep taking them to the small claims court…

the nodding donkey:

Harry Monk:

eagerbeaver:

Well, I guess a haulage company is already in serious trouble if they go bust because a court orders them to pay a driver the two weeks’ wages they owe him. :wink:

Harry Monk:

the nodding donkey:

Harry Monk:

eagerbeaver:

Well, I guess a haulage company is already in serious trouble if they go bust because a court orders them to pay a driver the two weeks’ wages they owe him. :wink:

:grimacing:

They’ve been around a long time so must be doing something right (remember the Leyland Marathons or T45 Roadtrains)some of the DAFs may seem past the sell by date but they are all up together & legit also I’m told they give newbies a start and train up guys as well!

Harry Monk:

eagerbeaver:

The Newington mob Harry? lol

This is the type of work they do around here. Concrete prefabs of dubious sizes.

On another track, almost got tempted to join a machinery/plant mover today on class 1, offered 875. I thought per week but nope… 8.75 ph.