Anybody get stuck in this today?

google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source … HWzk-t08Lw

a few seconds prior to the end, some female says, wow, its a Lorry. What did she think it was FFS ?

Different angle Scania wag & drag with a load of straw
load of straw on fire.jpg

Yep, my lads got ‘stuck into that’ today, if that’s what you meant :laughing:

Messy job.

Why don’t straw merchants sheet the loads?

I’m sure a properly sheeted load would be much less likely to take fire than an unsheeted load.

Odd that both loads are afire.

1st pic posted by tetris could be quite amusing - depending on how you look at it :wink:

Why is that odd?

It’s a wag n drag.

Driveroneuk:

1st pic posted by tetris could be quite amusing - depending on how you look at it :wink:

wow, he REALY needed to go!

Own up, which one of you through his ■■■-end out of the window as he passed by?
Bernard

Driveroneuk:

Not really, if the front load caught fire while the vehicle was moving, sparks would blow back onto the rear load

True, but if it had got going enough to throw sparks you’d have thought the driver would have spotted it or been alerted by then.

Wouldn’t surprise me if it was the driver’s own ■■■ end.

If it had got going enough to throw sparks, there’s bugger all the driver could do about it!

It makes no odds which started fire 1st, it’s up there with the most combustible of materials, if the back was on fire 1st, wouldn’t take long at all for the front to feel left out and join in the flame dance.

This truck belonged to Peacocks of Thirsk.
Both wagon and drag completely distroyed, theres no salvageable parts on it, only good to weigh in now.

I got stuck queuing for the diversion through Thirsk in the afternoon. Delayed me about 2.5 hours. Fortunately I could afford it.

cieranc:
Why don’t straw merchants sheet the loads?

I’m sure a properly sheeted load would be much less likely to take fire than an unsheeted load.

I bet the driver deffo sheet his load! :grimacing:

Back in the early 80’s my dad had his own coaches and whilst sitting in traffic to get onto the park street roundabout a hay wagon went up next to him and the driver bailed. My old man jumped into the burning wagon and drove it onto the roundabout to get it away from his coach and the other vehicles. He said to me it was incredible how quickly the fire spread though!

The last wag n drag we did went the same way.
Driver clocked that the wagon was on fire, so he got out, dropped the drag, got back in the wagon and drove it away from the drag. 10 mins later the whole wagon was distroyed.

Oddly, I’ve yet to hear of a full time driver busted out of their job for smoking, despite all cabs these days having all that bull about it being “against the law” and all that. :unamused:
It’s against company policy, the law has nothing to do with it!